Wurm Online is a massive multiplayer online game with over 16 years’ development that is still continually being updated with new content. There are more features than could possibly be listed on this page.
Where most games use sandbox elements to allow some player choice while still using guided elements such as quest chains, dungeons and instanced zones, Wurm Online embraces the true vision of sandbox gaming; a land that can be completely shaped by the players free of instancing and artificial boundaries.
At the core of the sandbox is the ability to terraform and shape the land around you. Players can use tools to flatten land, raise vast spires and even scar mountains, leaving their mark on the game for everyone to see. Wurm also includes non instanced player housing without prefabricated buildings. Each building is shaped by the player and built according to personal style and skill. But that’s just the beginning of what’s possible…
Wurm contains an extensive crafting system with hundreds of different weapons, tools and items to craft. Wooden items can be crafted from any type of wood available, each having their own hue as well metal items having specific bonuses depending on the metal used to create them. Players can trade goods and services for currency earned in-game or purchased via our shop.
Unlike traditional MMO’s, Wurm has no classes, levels or skill caps. Instead Wurm allows you to raise over 130 skills ranging from resource collection such as mining, smithing, and woodcutting to crafting and production, such as carpentry and various smithing professions. All skills are raised by performing actions involving that skill. Many skills will require items or resources that need other skills as well, which can be raised alongside or be traded with other players.
On our PvP-servers, Wurm Online employs a Full Loot-system, which means that all your items will be dropped upon death and can be looted by an opposing faction.
The PvP in Wurm Online stands true to the sandbox-nature of the game. You can do everything from conquering or forming alliances with other kingdoms, to ambushing unsuspecting players and steal their stuff, etc. Diplomacy, communication and caution is key in Wurm PvP.
What can I do in Wurm?
- Explore huge, diverse landmasses extending over 2,000 sq km in total.
- Modify the terrain; dig, raise, flatten and sculpt the land around you.
- Craft, trade, and use thousands of unique items.
- Capture and breed animals from the environment, with uses from resources to food and mounts.
- Train over 130 skills in a classless skill system without levels or caps.
- Hunt legendary creatures such as dragons, the Troll King and Forest Giant.
- Become a follower, patron or champion of your deity and learn powerful spells and enchantments.
- Construct, crew or even captain ships with other players, from small rowing boats to impressive caravels.
- Found your own settlement wherever you desire; own land, build a castle, a village, or even an underground city.
- Build roads to connect your lands with others to trade goods.
- Live off the land by creating fields to farm a huge amount of crops from food to resources.
- Cook over 500 different meals with over 10,000 variations of skill bonuses.