- Change: Corpses can no longer be placed inside of a mailbox, even if runed.
- Bugfix: Fixed some grammar and spelling issues.
- Jackal: Skill transfer to Freedom enabled.
- Skill gained on Jackal will partially transfer to Freedom.
- Bugfix: Windowed mode should no longer be resizable
- Bugfix: Fixed arrow keys showing as NULL in context menus
- Bugfix: The deed exporter will now output to deed.map file in the Wurm’s main directory on Linux and Mac
- Bugfix: Fixed animal worn items (saddles, bardings) being affected by color and condition
- Bugfix: Numlock will now affect the keypad keys (using arrows instead)
- Bugfix: rift beasts will now move properly into melee range
- Bugfix: summoned creatures will now properly despawn if the summoned is killed. Burning hearts with any rift creatures tied to it will have the creatures move to the person burning
- Spyglasses can now be crafted on jackal only.
- Fixed certain tools not triggering the improvement journal goal
- Bugfix: addressed some issues with phantasm being cast on multiple creatures.
Please note: The JNLP client for the game will soon be removed. Please use your native launcher available and report any bugs you encounter with it before it is too late!
- The following 100 skill titles have been added!
- 100 Cloth Tailoring.
- 100 Baking.
- 100 Huge Axe .
- Jackal Bugfix: The mission percentage bar for Jackal will now display the correct progression.
- Jackal Bugfix: Spawned Jackal creatures by beacons will now be able to be attacked and slain.
Jackal Point shop
- The Jackal point shop will now be open.
- Every week a new weapon skin will be unlocked.
- Tokens are no drop, but can be traded between players.
- Once applied to the weapon the token will disappear and the weapon will keep that skin until another skin token is applied to it.
- Skinned items will have an examine message indicating it is skinned.
Jackal Bugfixes and Changes
- The difficulty of gathering rift materials on jackal has been reduced.
- No wasted attempts on gathering failure on jackal.
- Destroying Jackal beacons will now give more information about the server progression
- Bugfix: Epic kingdoms will now be correct when returning to Epic after Jackal
- Epic portals will not work from Jackal
- All travel to and from Jackal must go via Freedom.
- All travel to and from Jackal must go via Freedom.
- Bugfix: Warmasters will now correctly lose invulnerability after all turrets destroyed
- Bugfix: Armour damage values from rift creatures have been reduced
- Bugfix: Jackal creatures will no longer appear in Freedom missions
- All existing Jackal creatures spawned from missions on Freedom will be removed with this update
- The fullscreen game window will now open on the same monitor as the launcher was on.
- Keybind settings have been changed to show keys in system’s keyboard locale
- Mac: The native launcher has been built for compatibility with OS X 10.8+. Note: those affected will need to redownload the application from our main page
- Mac: Fixed blurry display on Retina screens
- Jackal Change: Trade chat will now be split between Jackal and other Freedom servers .
- Jackal Change: Rift points gained for completing a rift scout area has been increased .
- Jackal Bugfix: Corrected jackal influence examine message.
- Jackal Bugfix: Non premium players will now be blocked from attempting to use the lodestone.
- Jackal Bugfix: Players can now ascend to priesthood at Freedom beacons.
- Jackal Bugfix: Rift scouts will no longer count towards rift creature cap.
- Jackal Bugfix: Rift mobs should no longer get stuck on deed borders.
- Bugfix: Tweaked spawn table to stop wild boar overpopulation.
- Bugfix: Corrected lamps appearing unlit.
- Added missing Jackal sounds
- Fixed beacon effects disappearing when main structure is out of view
- Added normal/specular maps to Rift creatures
- The skillgain modifier for the Jackal skillgain system has been increased from 3x to 4x.
- Please bear in mind this is not the same skillgain system as Freedom OR Wurm Unlimited. This is a system based off the Epic skillgain system and will behave differently.
- Bugfix: Rift creatures will now properly target and fight
- Bugfix: Fixed issue with transferring from Epic to Freedom to Jackal and back causing you to lose your Epic kingdom.
Patch Notes : Jackal Awaits!
Announcing the Jackal Server
- Jackal is a new time limited server lasting six months that players can transfer to from every other server.
- Accessing the Jackal server will require the player to be premium.
- To initially access Jackal, rifts will spawn at server opening with specific scheduled start times listed below
|Independence||6PM Fri UTC|
|Deliverance||10PM Fri UTC|
|Pristine||2AM Sat UTC|
|Chaos||6AM Sat UTC|
|Celebration||10AM Sat UTC|
|Xanadu||2PM Sat UTC|
|Exodus||6PM Sat UTC|
|Release||10PM Sat UTC|
|Serenity||2AM Sun UTC|
|Desertion||6AM Sun UTC|
|Affliction||10AM Sun UTC|
|Elevation||2PM Sun UTC|
- Once rift on that server is closed a lodestone will appear allowing transport to Jackal.
- Jackal lodestones can be player crafted with rift materials, stone bricks and mortar and used as regular portals to Jackal after the initial rift is closed.
Jackal is a hostile alien server with a vastly different aesthetic to the lands of Freedom.
- Pine, orange and lemon tree types have been removed from Jackal.
- Six new tree types have been added.
- Jackal has the Epic hybrid skillgain system with 3x skill and 3x action speed.
- Skill gained on Jackal will transfer to Freedom at a reduced rate
- Disabled for the first few weeks to ensure when it is enabled it works smoothly
- When enabled will apply to any skill gained from the beginning of jackal
- A new Jackal journal tier has been added
- Certain tasks within the standard journal tiers have been disabled from triggering while on Jackal.
- Completing certain tasks on Jackal will reward the player with Jackal points, redeemable for new item skins on Freedom.
- Item skins to come in the coming weeks and months
- Added Isopod
- Added Giant Crab
- Added Weta – the new ridden creature.
- Cannot wear gear
- Can ride up 50 slope
- Custom spawn table for jackal, not all creatures will spawn there
- Corruption can be cleared by creating freedom beacons and destroying jackal beacons.
- Jackal beacons are defended by increasingly difficult groups of creatures, which will all need to be defeated before their hearts can be burned at the beacons in order to destroy them
- Destroying jackal beacons will make it easier for freedom beacons to radiate their influence in the area
- Following a god and becoming a priest will be available from freedom beacons
- The prayer faith gain limit has been doubled from 5 to 10 per 24 hours uptime on jackal only.
- New point calculation system
- New point buy system
- Defeating rift creatures and closing rifts will now reward players with Rift Points.
- Rift points are now used to purchase specific items instead of RNG loot as before.
- Accessible from lodestones and mailboxes when you have points to redeem
Updated Rift Creature AI
- Each rift creature now has attacks and special mechanics depending on their type
- New sounds for all Jackal creatures
- Tweaked combat stats of Jackal creatures
- Rifts now spawn in 4 waves that ramp up slower
- Small groups of Rift creatures will spawn across the server.
- These creatures will provide a small challenge and reward the players with rift resource collection nodes and some rift points when defeated.
Changes to creature spawns
- We will be trialling a new creature spawn table on two Freedom servers, Deliverance and Pristine. Players may see some new creatures previously only known on PvP servers.
- Change: Guard towers on elevation now take 2x damage, the warning message to kingdom has been lowred to 50 damage to account for this.
- Change: Players on elevation can now lead 2 horses while walking only.
- Epic Bugfix: Village reputation will now be checked before declaring war
- PvP Bugfix: Tile distance limitations will no longer block transmutating tiles to dirt.
- Elevation Bugfix: Epic players will now deal damage again while path of hate rage is active.
- Bugfix: Fixed ‘FBO not bound’ launch crash
- Bugfix; Fixed certain quickbind key names not showing
- Bugfix: Fixed select bar selection updating when moving the camera instead of clicking
Deep into the wilderness of Jackal lies a fortified position that is home to a special beacon powerful enough to radiate its influence to the far edges of Jackal. As players expand farther into Jackal, it will become harder and harder to create beacons strong enough to overpower this influence. Breaching into this stronghold will be a difficult but necessary task to completely rid the lands of the corrupting influence.
Those brave enough to breach and defeat the stronghold will receive a large number of Jackal points which will be redeemable by their character when they travel back to the lands of Wurm. Completing other tasks on Jackal will also reward these points, and when redeemed will allow players to choose from a list of special item skin variants that can then be applied to an existing item to cosmetically change it. The list of available skins will be expanding over the coming weeks and months, so keep an eye out.
In addition to Jackal points, random rewards from completing Rifts and Rift Scouts will be replaced with Rift points which can be redeemed in a similar manner for the player’s choice of items from the Rift reward table.
Points can be saved and collected across servers and multiple rifts, with some items requiring attending multiple rifts to earn enough points to claim.