New tutorial on Golden Valley is now available for new characters – upon finishing (or skipping) that you will be able to teleport to Northern Freedom Isles through Harmony. If you want to play on Defiance, you must use the portal available in the starter villages of Harmony to transfer to Defiance.
PvE (Harmony) rules are the same as all other Freedom Isles servers, with the exception of rift, rift scouts and imbue crafting being currently disabled
- The new UI Client is now the default one
- The old UI client is still available through the Choose Client Shortcut
- Please leave any feedback with the new UI here
PvP Change Summary:
- All elevation reset changes cross over to this server. (Listed below).
- Maximum digging slope has been reduced to 150 .
- Maximum surface mining / tunneling slope has been reduced to 60.
- There now needs to be a minimum of 3 tiles between mine doors.
- A deed will disband automatically after five chained deed drains.
- Meditation abilities over level 9 have been disabled.
- Hate Damage Bonus Now Increases lockpicking chance.
- Element Immunity now only lasts 5 minutes down from 30.
- Removed rare bonus from boats(No replacement for now).
- Rare horse gear now takes less damage instead of granting a speed bonus.
- Horses give birth faster.
- Border crossing will be disabled, travel only available via portal.
- Trader contracts will not be purchasable and traders cannot be placed.
- Traders will only sell Res Stones/Large Magic Chests/Sleep Powder/Shaker Orbs and can only be found in your starter town.
- Increased cooldowns on Truestrike, Stoneskin and Continuum
- Physical damage resistance and penalty effects from sorcery items changed to fall damage.
- Karma home teleport has been disabled.
- Hell horses and Unicorns cannot be hitched or ridden.
- Players will move between the new PvP and PvE server with a portal that is easily craftable and also available in the starter zones. All skills except Fighting will cross back and forth, faith and meditation paths do not cross, and items do not cross.
- Starting areas have a zone around them providing some extra benefits and restrictions
- Much stronger tower guard spawns inside this zone instead of the normal ones.
- Reduced damage from siege weapons.
- Villages here have no silver removed when drained, only left in to allow breaking mine reinforcements.
- Shorter raid windows than outside the starting islands..
- Max village size 10 tiles in each direction with no additional perimeter allowed inside this zone.
- Capitals cannot be located inside this safe zone.
- Artifacts in the safe zone will lose charges every hour even when on players.
- Battle camp towers cannot spawn inside or within 100 tiles of safe areas.
- Deeds can now only be raided during raid windows, villages will be able to pick the time this window opens, and this can only be changed every 2 weeks. You will be able to view the window and how long until it starts by right-clicking any wall/fence on the deed from any distance. Starter villages will be 100% unraidable.
- Raid windows will be 2 hours for safe zones and 6 hours outside them; as people start raiding, we will see how this affects it and tweak accordingly.
- Lockpicking will always work even outside raid windows.
- If you find ways to damage deeds outside of raid windows, you are expected to report it and not abuse it.
- Valrei changes will be coming in a patch not long after release, we ran into issues and did not want to delay the PvP server for it.
- There will be a few karma spells castable by anyone with a gem staff/karma to use them:
- Summon Skeletons/Wraith/Worg
- Mirrored Self
- Stone/Ice/Fire walls
- Random chest spawns will return and can contain crafting supplies, good compasses, gems, traps, arrows, and rarely seryll lumps/rare bones that transfers its rarity to 1 item.
- Weapons/Armour tweaks to change the meta up, we will be leaving this undocumented.
- Increased shield/shield bashing skill outside of the safe zones.
- Village war bonus will now reduce the damage your walls/fences take from siege weapons and no longer increase players damage.
- Locate souls will have a reduced range; this will also include locating corpses.
- Off deed reinforcements will have a much higher chance to break when using the disintegrate spell.
- Messages like lost link/left the world/logged in will only be shown to people in your own kingdom.
- New: Shield racks and Saddle racks have been added.
- A saddle rack will hold empty saddles, bardings, and bridles.
- Shield rack will hold any shield.
- Both of these will only hold 15 items.
- Both items will show woodtype
- You can load 3 racks into a large cart and 12 into a wagon
- New: Level 100 Archaeology title added
- Change: The first month 2 silver premium option has been removed. New first-time packages will appear in the shop soon instead.
- Since its inception the 2 silver introductory offer has not served the purpose it was originally designed to do, allow new players to fund their first premium time within the game. After reviewing the information regarding first time purchasers and alts, we have decided to remove this option.
- In the coming days we will be adding new first time packages of premium, 2 months for €7.99 or 2 months and 5 silver for €11.99 as replacement introductory offers.
- With this we will be also beginning to phase out the existing referral system, with ingame purchases as well as the new introductory offers via the shop no longer giving a referral.
- Ingame first time premium purchases will also no longer give 2 silver cashback, and instead will be available for 8 silver.
- New: A guaranteed creation result (no fail) has been assigned to low difficulty mass production bulk items.
- For mass production bulk items below a certain difficulty, the item will be created even on failure, and will never be created with a QL lower than either 20 or the player’s skill, whichever is lower. Material QL cap still applies.
- This only applies for simple item creation, not complex (multi-part) item creation.
- This pertains to non improvable bulk items.
- Examples of items include
- Stone brick
- String of cloth
- Large nails
- Small nails
- Clay brick
- Clay shingle
- Pottery shingle
- Wood shingle
- Rounded stone
- New: An effective QL curve of armour, shields, and weapons up to quality 70 has been added.
- Change: New player starting gear will be reduced in actual quality but follow the new effective quality curve on armour, shields and weapons.
- Armour will be quality 10
- Shield will be quality 10
- Longsword will be quality 25.
- Change: Follower deity bonus changes listed below:
- The name of the deity you follow will now appear in your skill list next to the Religion catagory heading.
- +15% skill gain to Nature & its sub skills, Healing & First Aid, and Cooking & its sub skills.
- +2.5%-10% skill gain to Body Stamina, Soul Depth scaled by alignment.
- Doubled the existing bonus to taming attempts.
- 20% slower food/water bar drain (Replacing previous +25% food gained when eating).
- +1 range for Gardening/Forestry-dependent mouseover info (trees, grass, etc.).
- +10% QL gain when improving cloth items.
- (Bugfix) Priests get defensive CR bonus on steppe in addition to the other “natural” tile types.
- Holy Crop
- Flower spawns will increase.
- Grass will grow faster.
- Removed 10% skill gain bonus from applying to Characteristics.
- Vynora followers and priests still get +10% skill gain to all other skills, except Fighting.
- +2.5%-10% skill gain to Mind Logic, Mind Speed scaled by alignment
- 5% shorter action timer when building walls.
- 10% shorter action timer when paving roads.
- 7.5% shorter repair timer.
- No more faith loss for non-priests destroying pavement/structures.
- +10% QL gain when improving wooden and clay items.
- Vynora missions will return to Freedom.
- +15% skill gain to Fighting subskills, all “weapon” skills & their subskills, Archery & its subskills, and shields & subskills.
- +2.5%-10% skill gain to Body Strength, Body Control scaled by alignment.
- +1 Offensive CR (does not stack with +2 Offensive CR for priests in favoured terrain).
- +1 range for world slope/flatness mouseover info.
- +10% QL gain when improving metallic items.
- Ritual of the Sun
- Meteor showers will occur and boulder-like meteorites will land across the server which have random metal type and can be mined directly for lumps. All metals except alloys and moonmetals will be possible
- Difficulty of mining meteorites will be lower than mining an equivalent vein in a cave, leading to higher average quality of metals.
- Meteorites will not change terrain, and will avoid landing on highways, deeds, structures, and deep water.
- +15% skill gain to Religion & its sub skills, Alchemy & its Natural Substances, and Thievery & its sub skills.
- +2.5%-10% skill gain to Body Strength, Soul Strength scaled by alignment.
- Ability to get meat from butchering human corpses.
- +1 Offensive CR (does not stack with +2 Offensive CR for priests in favoured terrain).
- +10% QL gain when improving leather items.
- (PvE Only) “Consume Corpse” ability to regain health from corpses by consuming their residual life energy.
- Only usable on non-butchered, non-damaged corpses, and when permissions would allow butchering.
- Health gained scales with creature CR, depending on creature type, age, and conditions (such as Champion or Greenish).
- Automatically targets your most severe wound, like healing spells.
- Sets corpse as “butchered”, so there is a choice between this and butchering products.
- When Rite of Death is in effect, Consume Corpse has a chance of triggering an effect similar to a Mindstealer enchantment.
- 10-minute cooldown timer.
- Rite of Death
- Mushrooms will spawn far more often, and on significantly more tiles.
- (PvE Only)
- Far less skill loss on death, similar in most cases to dying on deed.
- Libila followers and priests gain +15% combat damage (similar to a Magranon priest) and a bonus to Consume Corpse (see above) for the duration of the rite.
- General Rite Spell Changes
- To encourage long-term diligence instead of “grinding” them and to encourage all followers to pray from time to time instead of relying on mass-praying priests, only prayers and sermons that could cause valid Faith gains increase deity favour, which is used to charge Rite spells.
- Your god will still retain favor if you have 30 Faith as a follower or 100 as a priest; the prayer or sermon needs to be valid and check for Faith gain, but Faith gain itself is not necessary.
- Improvements to deity favor gain:
- Missions now give deity favour, partially scaled by difficulty of mission.
- Prayers and sermons now give 3 times as much deity favour as they did previously
- Spell effect visible to players in status icons and the spell effects window, showing which Rites are in effect and when they expire.
- Change: Pottery planters should now show “(Harvestable)” after name & planted herb/spice, but only when in a planter rack.
- Change: Both versions of the Place command have been consolidated into one.
- “Place” should now only appear in the main right-click menu, not under the “Move” submenu.
- It will appear in the menu whenever it would have appeared in either place before.
- It will automatically select the “drop & place” action when possible (i.e. when the player could pick up the item and drop it), and otherwise, it should use the slower action that moves the item across the ground in increments.
- Change: Uncaring for a creature via right-click option now has a pop-up question asking if you’re sure you want to do it.
- Change: Certain month based calculations are now defined as 30 days instead of 28
- A month in upkeep is a 30 day duration.
- Upkeep email will be sent at the 30 day mark (was previously sent at 28 days hence some confusion).
- Characters who have never been premium will be deleted after 3 months (90 days) absence instead of 84 days)
- Change: Trader changes including placement on deed only. See list below.
- Traders can be placed on all servers now.
- Traders can only be placed on a deed and will disappear if the deed disbands or the trader ends up outside the deed tiles due to resizing.
- Traders will only SELL premium items via a new shop interface.
- You interact with a trader via using the right click menu and choose ‘Open trader store’
- Traders will deduct the cost of your purchase from your bank account.
- Traders will reduce the deed upkeep cost by 20%.
- Traders no longer need to be placed inside a building in order to open shop.
- Traders will no longer have the ‘sell’ option in their right click menu.
- Trader items have been reduced in price.
- The Golden Mirror has been added to traders for 15 silvers.
- Change: The Wooden Nameplate from the Marks redemption list has been reduced to 20 characters maximum.
- Change: Details have been added to the Marks redemption screen for the Gift Box and the Tome redemption.
- Gift Box item chances:
- 65% – sleep powder
- 10% – seryll lump, glimmersteel lump, adamantine lump
- <1% – star gems, imbue potions, Rod of Transmutation, staff of land, pale mask, rare strange bone, cavalier helmet, plumed helm of the hunt, mask of the challenger, challenge statue
- Gift Box item chances:
- Magical Tome variations
- Available variants: Red tome, Tome of incineration, Green Tome of Magic, Black tome, Blue tome, White tome, Libram of the night
- Change: Large planter box farming adjusted to be more in line with tile based farming.
- Rake quality, rarity, player skill, as well as just general tending of the crop will both increase yield and quality of the growing crop, matching that of tile based farming.
- Harvest quality will now match that of tile farming.
- Change: Level 70 butchering title changed to Slicer for both male and female.
- Change: Creator signatures have been added to tapestries.
- Change: The Stone Strike enchant bonus has been increased to up to 60% so that it’s beneficial at any mining level.
- Bugfix: A number of tooltips have been fixed for grammar, spelling, clarity and factual information. See notes below:
- Grammar fixes:
- Added ending punctuation for effect descriptions that were missing them, for consistency
- In-game stats that need to be recognized as such now have initial caps, e.g. “Fighting” skill and “Combat Rating”
- Some other minor grammar corrections to individual descriptions
- Factual errors/Outdated info:
- Corrected Excel description to properly state it’s a defensive CR bonus, not a parrying bonus
- Corrected healing resistance description to say it applies to magical healing, not just the Heal spell
- Corrected PoP Stamina of the Vibrant Light description; it’s not 50% of anything
- Corrected PoK death protection description, as it does protect fighting-related skills, just not Fighting
- Clarified PoL healing (previous description made it sound like your natural regen is 1.5 times as fast, which is wrong or at least very misleading)
- Clarified Goat Shape affecting climbing ability, not the skill itself (this is also in line with the spell description itself)
- Clarified confusing phrasing on stamina ring effect description
- Added “for new players” to all newbie buffs, previously only on one of them, for more clarity to newbies
- Added specific numbers for sorcery damage reduction buffs, since the damage increase debuffs had them and this info is already public.
- Several god-related effect names and descriptions were somehow swapped. For instance, Spirit Fervor was instead named “Deity combat rating bonus” with “Spirit Fervor” as the description. This has been rectified.
- Grammar fixes:
- Bugfix: Various spelling and grammar fixes.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue where the improve icon on a high quality item with a high skill would often not change to the proper icon.
- Bugfix: Fixed meditation rug rarity-based bonus to meditation skillgain.
- Rare = 10% bonus to skillgain.
- Supreme = 20% bonus to skillgain.
- Fantastic = 30% bonus to skillgain.
- Bugfix: Mashed, minced, wrapped, and non-raw (cooked, steamed, fried etc.) food should no longer go into FSBs.
- The following items will still go into bulk bins:
- Filleted fish/meat
- Diced meat
- Chopped vegetables
- Ground herbs and spices
- The following items will still go into bulk bins:
- Bugfix: Referrals should now properly grant 1500 marks upon redemption.
- Bugfix: Another fix to resolve instant decay of anchors when raised.
- Bugfix: Fixed a few issues with recipes and ingredients as stated below.
- Prevent more salty and non-salty liquid foods from mixing.
- Corrected Lore option mistaking white sauce for mayonnaise
- Show more information for simpler items in recipes e.g. “fish fillet <snook>”.
- Bugfix: You can no longer take a portion of honey or use the place keybind on liquids.
- Bugfix: Fixed some combat issues resulting in the priority issues change.
- PvP Change: Elevation is now a Premium Only server.
- If you are currently on Elevation and not premium you will be given a chance to leave the server for either your Home Server or Freedom Isles.
- PvP Change: Added 70 fight skill and premium requirement to capturing battle camps.
- PvP Bugfix: Possible fix for an issue which would cause the founding of a PMK to crash instead of properly completing the founding.
- ART bugfix: Pickaxe heads should now have the correct model.
- New: Holding autowalk key instead of pressing it once will align your mount or vehicle to nearest 45 degree angle
- New: Added mount controls option to the Game settings
- This replaced the “Rotate player with mount” option
- You can either use the regular control scheme (no change), rotate player with mount, or rotate mount towards the camera when moving
- Change: The third person camera is now more smooth when riding a horse
- Bugfix: Added the third person keybinds (CHANGE_VIEW, ZOOM_OUT, ZOOM_IN) to the keybind settings
- Bugfix: Adjusted the quality of water reflections
As of the 1st of March 2020 GMT Real Money Trading will no longer be allowed within game rules. Read More…
- Every purchase of premium time will award our new loyalty currency “Marks”
- The following amounts will be awarded for each premium type:
- 15 days from token: 1000
- 20 days from referral: 1500
- 30 days from token: 3000
- 30 days from shop: 4500
- Any single purchase of six months will award 3000 marks as a bonus
- Any single purchase of twelve months will award 6000 marks as a bonus
- Purchases of silver coins will award 20 marks per silver purchased
- Marks are awarded at time of purchase
- Past marks will be awarded at a reduced rate of 1000 marks per month of premium since december 2013 with a cap of 50k points
- Players with premium time already purchased prior to this addition will receive extra 3000 Marks for each full month of premium left
- The store will launch on February 1st in order to ensure the systems to award the marks is working correctly
- You will need to be premium in order to make any purchase from the token
- Marks can be used to purchase some trader goods and special loyalty items from a settlement token, the following new items are possible
- Wooden nameplate: Allows you to rename any domestic creature as well as unicorns and hell horses
- Magical Ink: Allows you to append your name to an item as well as give the item a unique name
- Gift pack: Random item from assorted list
- Skin of the month: Monthly skin release that changes on the 1st of every month
- Random Affinity: An affinity is given chosen at random
- Care for one more creature: Increases care for slots by 1 (one use only)
- Faith Swap: Allows you to swap faith without any penalty one time
- Meditation path change: Allows you to switch meditation paths without cooldown one time
- Magical Tome: Single use magical tome chosen at random
Jackal closing and player transfers.
- With the stronghold defeated and the lands of Jackal cleansed, we will be closing this round of the server.
- As of this update, lodestones on Freedom will no longer work
- When you enter the game on Jackal, you’ll be transferred to Freedom within two minutes of logging in
- Make sure you log in to transfer off Jackal if you haven’t yet – the server will still be open to transfer you back with skill and Jackal points for a month
After that it will be closed and everyone who hasn’t transferred back will be returned without Jackal skillgain or points being updated
Deity Rebalance and Player God Removal
- If you were a follower of a player deity, you should revert back to one of the base gods
- Current full deity list is: Fo, Vynora, Magranon, Libila
- Magranon has 2 new spells:
- Magranons Fire
- This spell lights all lightable objects and fuels them up to maximum fuel at 100 power
- 10 Second cast
- 40 faith unlock
- 10 favor cost
- 10 difficulty
- Stone Strike:
- Improves chance of successful surface mining action
- 20 second cast
- 75 faith unlock
- 50 favor cost
- 60 difficulty
- Magranons Fire
- Disintegrate has been updated to remove chunks of mining actions from a vein instead of a low chance to destroy it outright
- Wooden and stone altars have been changed to their base gods, metal altars of removed deities have become unblessed
- A single faith transfer is available – use the /transfer command to access it. The transfer is available until 1st April 2020 and will be disabled afterwards.
- Favor on chopped vegetables has been reduced by half
- Favor for just about everything else has been increased
- Libila now uses butchered animal parts as a special favor item
- Spell resistances on pvp servers have been reduced from 10+ groups of resistance down to just 2 Pillar Damage/All Other Damage
- Favor values are not set in stone and we are open to constructive discussion on further balancing moving on from here
- You may now again sail between Epic servers.
- Medium wooden shields now have two dye parts which can be different colours.
- Secondary dyed section can be removed with a metal brush.
- The status bar for sailing which is found under the health bar as you are commanding, can now be used to change the state by clicking on the icons.
- Shod clubs dropped by trolls and the troll king are now repairable and can be imped. Woodtype on the troll king’s club is oakenwood.
- Mooring anchors can no longer be placed into bulk storage units but can now be improved and repaired.
- Changes to keybinds (mostly bringing the keybindings tab in the launcher up to date): Listed below.
- Cure light, cure medium and cure serious keybinds will now work targeting players as well (and creatures).
- Added keybind for Destroy wall and Destroy pavement.
- Libilas Demise, Magranons Shield, Vynoras Demise, Fos Demise, Libilas Shielding, and Magranons Demise are replaced with:
Corrosion, Acid Protection, Frost Protection, Poison Protection, Blaze and Glacial in the keybindings tab in the launcher.
- Fos Touch was removed, since the replacement was Inferno in the keybindings tab in the launcher.
- Selfhealer Demise is renamed to Monster demise and Dragons demise to Legendary demise in the keybindings tab in the launcher.
- Removed Fungus and changed Vynora’s Hand to Fire Protection in the keybindings tab in the launcher.
- Stamina loss on boats has been removed on PvE servers.
- Bugfix: You can no longer plant an herb / spice into a planter that already has something planted in it
- Bugfix: Never been lit torches and lanterns will no longer take damage in inventory or on merchants
- Bugfix: The one time transfer from Path of Insanity to another meditation path has been activated on the live servers again and will remain until the 1st of March 2020
- Bugfix: Fixed a few bridge/building disembarking and passage issues.
- You should now be able to command a vehicle from a steep bridge into a house with flooring on the ground floor level
- Disembarking and dropping through bridges connected via buildings should be fixed, with the caveat that it might sometimes (in the same situations only) block entrance to the bridge fully and require moving slightly to the side to enter it properly
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue where a vehicle would appear on a different floor upon disembarking
- Bugfix: Planter must now be in the same structure and on the same floor level as the player to be used
- Bugfix: Mooring anchors should no longer instant-decay when being raised as was happening in some cases
- Bugfix: Replaced the ‘place’ option for hitching posts. Note that the removal of place for vehicles was intended, so not a bug
- Bugfix: Models on ground items will now update properly on empty / full states
- Bugfix: You can no longer fillet meat or fish that is diced, minced, chopped or not raw
- Bugfix: Various spelling and text issues as listed below:
- Candles made from beeswax should now show quality and damage on examine as do the candles made from fat
- Descriptions on various cloth and leather items were changed from sown to sewn. (ie. Satchel: A piece of cloth sewn with thick threads into a satchel perfect for carrying about the back)
- Construction Marker description changed from build to building
- Cloth shoe description spelling corrected to interwoven
- Fixed spelling error for fried steak, beef examine
- Fixed spelling error for marmalade examine
- Fixed grammar and capitalization in event message when player attempts to dye chairs
- Fixed various plural and grammar issues with recipes and taking portions of recipes.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue which surfaced when making bait from corn dough.
- Bugfix: Floats, lines and hooks should no longer decay while inside a tackle box in inventory.
- Bugfix: Tweaked the deed disbanding email method to help ensure that all emails get sent properly and on a timely basis.
- Bugfix: Sacrifice will no longer occur alongside the already ongoing action.
- The ongoing action will cancel and sacrifice will take priority, continuing with the regular queue once sacrifice has completed
- This is to allow sacrificing to work while in combat
- Bugfix: Moonmetals should no longer lose weight when put into a bsb and taken out again. Note that some lumps with less than .10 weight will still loose a small bit of weight when put into a bsb
- New: Third person camera view added.
- An optional 3rd person camera view has been added.
- Default keybind is V to enter 3rd person view.
- The Minus and Plus keys will zoom in and zoom out.
- New keybindings mapped by default: ZOOM_OUT (minus), ZOOM_IN (plus), CHANGE_VIEW (V)
- Change: The JVM memory settings have been tweaked to address situations with excessive memory usage
Patch Notes : Jackal Awaits!
Announcing the Jackal Server
- Jackal is a new time limited server lasting six months that players can transfer to from every other server.
- Accessing the Jackal server will require the player to be premium.
- To initially access Jackal, rifts will spawn at server opening with specific scheduled start times listed below
|Independence||6PM Fri UTC|
|Deliverance||10PM Fri UTC|
|Pristine||2AM Sat UTC|
|Chaos||6AM Sat UTC|
|Celebration||10AM Sat UTC|
|Xanadu||2PM Sat UTC|
|Exodus||6PM Sat UTC|
|Release||10PM Sat UTC|
|Serenity||2AM Sun UTC|
|Desertion||6AM Sun UTC|
|Affliction||10AM Sun UTC|
|Elevation||2PM Sun UTC|
- Once rift on that server is closed a lodestone will appear allowing transport to Jackal.
- Jackal lodestones can be player crafted with rift materials, stone bricks and mortar and used as regular portals to Jackal after the initial rift is closed.
Jackal is a hostile alien server with a vastly different aesthetic to the lands of Freedom.
- Pine, orange and lemon tree types have been removed from Jackal.
- Six new tree types have been added.
- Jackal has the Epic hybrid skillgain system with 3x skill and 3x action speed.
- Skill gained on Jackal will transfer to Freedom at a reduced rate
- Disabled for the first few weeks to ensure when it is enabled it works smoothly
- When enabled will apply to any skill gained from the beginning of jackal
- A new Jackal journal tier has been added
- Certain tasks within the standard journal tiers have been disabled from triggering while on Jackal.
- Completing certain tasks on Jackal will reward the player with Jackal points, redeemable for new item skins on Freedom.
- Item skins to come in the coming weeks and months
- Added Isopod
- Added Giant Crab
- Added Weta – the new ridden creature.
- Cannot wear gear
- Can ride up 50 slope
- Custom spawn table for jackal, not all creatures will spawn there
- Corruption can be cleared by creating freedom beacons and destroying jackal beacons.
- Jackal beacons are defended by increasingly difficult groups of creatures, which will all need to be defeated before their hearts can be burned at the beacons in order to destroy them
- Destroying jackal beacons will make it easier for freedom beacons to radiate their influence in the area
- Following a god and becoming a priest will be available from freedom beacons
- The prayer faith gain limit has been doubled from 5 to 10 per 24 hours uptime on jackal only.
- New point calculation system
- New point buy system
- Defeating rift creatures and closing rifts will now reward players with Rift Points.
- Rift points are now used to purchase specific items instead of RNG loot as before.
- Accessible from lodestones and mailboxes when you have points to redeem
Updated Rift Creature AI
- Each rift creature now has attacks and special mechanics depending on their type
- New sounds for all Jackal creatures
- Tweaked combat stats of Jackal creatures
- Rifts now spawn in 4 waves that ramp up slower
- Small groups of Rift creatures will spawn across the server.
- These creatures will provide a small challenge and reward the players with rift resource collection nodes and some rift points when defeated.
Changes to creature spawns
- We will be trialling a new creature spawn table on two Freedom servers, Deliverance and Pristine. Players may see some new creatures previously only known on PvP servers.
- Change: Guard towers on elevation now take 2x damage, the warning message to kingdom has been lowred to 50 damage to account for this.
- Change: Players on elevation can now lead 2 horses while walking only.
- Epic Bugfix: Village reputation will now be checked before declaring war
- PvP Bugfix: Tile distance limitations will no longer block transmutating tiles to dirt.
- Elevation Bugfix: Epic players will now deal damage again while path of hate rage is active.
- Bugfix: Fixed ‘FBO not bound’ launch crash
- Bugfix; Fixed certain quickbind key names not showing
- Bugfix: Fixed select bar selection updating when moving the camera instead of clicking
- New Permissions System! Notes about security http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/131410-new-permissions-security-hints/
- Note: We are working on fixing some issues with gates and mine door permissions
- Combined kindling will use the default weight when making a fire (forge, oven, campfire).
- Can now have a deed role for an Individual (non-citizen) role.
- Deed plan now available for mayors.
- Writs will vanish when examined / managed. Building can be managed by r-click or from manage menu.
- You can now attach locks without having the key on you on PvE (was already like this on PvP).
- You can now sacrifice keys when the lock still exists on same server.
- Repair keybind should now work correctly on fences and walls.
- Fences are now paintable.
- Added missing text for deed settings.
- Max number of branded animals is number of tiles / 11 (PvE).
- Fixed face masks overriding the face protection that some helmets give.
- Fixed leading animals who have a bridle equipped. You will always use the bridle to lead if it has one, even if you have a rope activated.
- Fixed an issue where you wouldn’t stop dragging items when you died.
- Fix for player gods, so they allow flatten and level in caves if they can mine.
We at Code Club, together with Plug In Digital, are very proud to announce Wurm Unlimited – the next step for the Wurm Fantasy Sandbox!
Coming to Steam the 21st of October 2015, Wurm Unlimited allows you to play in the Wurm world locally on your PC and even host persistent servers yourselves.
The game is pretty much a full copy of the current MMO engine with Steam integration. The idea behind the release is to present the Wurm world to new players and also help players who never got into the game to experience it in a more relaxed way. Hopefully our current or previous players will find it entertaining as well.
There are initially two modes planned for release: “Adventure”, which is a predefined world with a few warring kingdoms to live in and explore, and “Creative” which is an undeveloped map. The main goal for the Adventure mode will be to find a way of becoming a deity on the moon Valrei which we think is suitable both for a single player and a group of players either cooperating or belonging to different kingdoms.
In both modes you can set your player to become a Game Master with the possibility to instantly create items, summon creatures, build and terraform faster in order to create the experience you want for other players or just fool around with the features. You can also copy the whole game directory of any mode and create own, custom modes. You will be able to tweak variables such as initial skill values, skill gain rate, action timers and max number of creatures. It will also be possible to connect servers to each other and travel between them in order to create large persistent clusters.
Go ahead and check out the Steam page at http://store.steampowered.com/app/366220!
We will also write compile an FAQ. If you have questions, please post them in the relevant thread in our forum section here.
Wurm and Code Club in a nutshell:
Code Club is the independent game developer behind the sandbox MMO Wurm Online.
Released commercially in 2006 the game is still unique in that it features a persistent non-instanced fantasy sandbox world with complex terraforming, a player driven economy, free location player housing and settlements coupled with a huge feature set.
Plug in Digital in a nutshell:
Plug in Digital focuses on distributing video games on digital platforms. Our motto, “Your games everywhere” explains it all. The company provides turnkey solutions for worldwide distribution and trade marketing in order to support video games throughout their entire lifecycles. Working hand in hand with all major distribution platforms as well as the main retail and cloud gaming actors, Plug in Digital’s team ensures an outstanding exposure and monetization of your games.
For more information: http://www.plug-in-digital.com/.
Huge thanks go to especially Tich, Budda, Alectrys, Saroman, Alex and Erik for bringing this feature to Wurm!
We’ve just released the next Challenge – Dominance! You can play there as premium for free for the next two weeks, trying out Wurms full loot PvP environment and creation possibilities. Focus is on kingdom versus kingdom battles with nice prizes in various categories.
More details are in our forums here: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/118607-dominance-challenge-up-and-running/