- The Halloween event has been extended until midnight on Monday, 5th November 2018 server time.
- Drop rate of witches hat has been increased
- Troll and goblin drop rates will now increase after every failed chance.
To celebrate Halloween twenty eighteen (hah, it rhymes!) We’ve added the cool witches hat and skull mask to loot drops from mobs! The witches hat can be found on any hunter creature type, and the skull mask can be found on goblins and trolls. A list of hunter type creatures can be found on the Wurmpedia. Last years Halloween items are still possible to be gained.
- Fixed bug causing archaeology reports to be updated in the wrong order.
- Champions can now gain faith titles.
- New small deed tokens will no longer be clipped if too long.
- Cache lumps will now have the correct material type.
- Bugfix: Removed second rename option from archaeology reports.
- Bugfix: Statue fragments should now identify as statues instead of containers.
- Bugfix: You can no longer crush, pick seeds or plant processed vegetables.
- Bugfix: Branded, cared for, geared, hitched, bred animals should no longer die for overcrowding on server startup.
- Bugfix: Bury all with grave stones will now destroy all items on the corpse.
- Bugfix: Wagoner container removed from mission item list.
- Bugfix: More text and grammar fixes.
- Bugfix: KOS players on pve servers are no longer considered enemies.
- Modern renderer only: major performance improvements
- Reduced stutter during structure loading
- Place outline will now show correctly for all objects (rafts, kilns)
Changes and Additions:
- New: Archaeology changes and additions.
- Wood types have been added to wooden items.
- New statues have been discovered.
- Fix for some moonmetal fragments.
- Tweaked base difficulty for investigating to be a bit easier overall.
- You can also now get an extra bonus in areas that are considered valuable according to Archaeology, making fragments a bit easier to gain at higher levels in those locations.
- New: Archaeology caches have been added
- Once a report is completed enough, the center tile of that deed can then be found via “Get direction” on the report.
- Using the “Get direction” function on the center tile of that deed will unearth an archaeology cache.
- Inside the cache will be an assortment of unidentified fragments including a larger percentage of statue fragments and a relic of the former deed.
- Amount of fragments is determined by archaeology skill and report ql with a minimum of 10.
- Once unearthed the report will be consumed.
- Change: Archaeology journal improvements
- Journals will now hold a number of reports up to the ql of the journal, with a minimum of 22.
- Placing a piece of paper or papyrus greater than 30ql inside the journal will automatically turn it into a blank report
- Reports can also now be moved in and out of journals via drag and drop.
- Tweaked the chances for location info to be recorded in a report to be a bit lower than previously to balance for caches.
- Some Archaeology statues with solid bases can now have items placed upon them.
- New: Shoulder pads are now dyeable.
- Change: Metallic shoulder pads are now able to spawn from rifts as any metal type at a low chance.
- Change: The Tin Rune of Jackal now correctly uses the spell version of Refresh and cannot be used while moving.
- Bugfix: Marble statue of Vynora can now be improved.
- Bugfix: Fixed a few more mission descriptions with items which were too generic.
- Bugfix: Recipe list now correctly list lunchbox, tin instead of lunchbox, lead.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue with the improper triggering of the Kill a wild sly creature achievement.
- Bugfix: Potion of butchery imbue now works properly when butchering a corpse.
- Bugfix: Fixed watcher text when someone unloads a creature from a cage.
Changes and Additions:
- New: Hell Horses and Unicorns will now give birth to foals, similar to horses.
- Change: You can no longer see your % chance to pick a door or fence gate if you’re greater than one tile away.
- Change: Dirt in inventory can now be discarded the same way as logs and shards.
- Change: You can now plant / secure the Puzzle King’s crystal ball.
- Change: Glimmersteel runes of Fo, Magranon, and Jackal as well as the Silver rune of Fo have been changed from 10%, 5%, 5%, and 5% increase to skill bonus respectively to 10% and 5% of the difference between your current skill and 100 as a direct bonuses to effective skill when determining action success.
- Note: This does not mean items and resources are created at a higher than your skill cap, but will improve success chances for that action.
- TL;DR : Glimmersteel Fo/Jackal runes will now increase skill calculations for success chances.
- Change: The quality reduction upon smelting has been scaled down and adjusted:
- Smelted lump is capped by pot ql.
- Items that cannot be improved and are not capped by the 20% of total skill when created will now receive a ql penalty when smelted
- -7.5% to -2.5% for common metals,
- -12.5% to -7.5% for moon metals and alloys.
- Items that can be improved will no longer receive the penalty when smelted.
- Bugfix: Rose seedlings have been removed from the mission item list.
- Bugfix: Various text, spelling and grammar fixes.
- Bugfix: The ‘Take Portion’ option should only display when a cooking utensil knife is activated.
- Bugfix: Worg statue can now be improved.
- Bugfix: Crafted lunchboxes will once again be tin instead of lead.
- Bugfix: Added second title to the /title command output.
- Bugfix: Lock type will be checked when replacing locks on vehicles and items.
- Bugfix: War Machines will no longer decrease village / player rep if the creature hit is the one firing.
- Bugfix: You can no longer use your body parts, inventory, or an inventory group to desecrate an altar.
- Bugfix: Creature cages can now be turned.
- Bugfix: Locate Soul no longer takes power off the item when located from outside the max distance.
- Bugfix: Runes when used on one’s self or another creature will now properly broadcast the action to other players.