We’ve taken a little time to share where we’re at with existing issues and answering a few questions regarding where we’re at before we begin talking about the future!
- Client changes (new UI only):
- New: Reintroduced missing functionality to the fight window – it should now properly show special moves, stance difficulty and stun status
- New: ‘Filter’ Items has been added to the containers listed below. This is not available on the old UI.
- Bulk storage bin
- Food storage bin
- Small crate
- Large crate
- Crate rack
- Bulk container unit
- Change: Fight window was reduced in size
- Change: Chat tabs will glow now when they have new messages, to bring more attention to it
- Change: Skill tracker background can now be toggled with a right-click option
- Change: Inventory filter buttons will now glow if they are activated. They will also reset on reopening the inventory
- Change: Width of QL and DMG inventory columns was decreased
- Bugfix: Fixed “Repeat action” bind not recording actions in certain cases
- Bugfix: Fixed misaligned input boxes in manage merchant screen
- Bugfix: Reduced text size on small status effect icons
- Bugfix: Fixed skill tracker options window appearing too small and requiring resizing
- New: A /balances command has been added.
- Using /balances in a chat window will display the following balances in your event window:
- Bank balance
- Marks balance
- Rift points if greater than 0
- Jackal points if greater than 0
- Change: Higher-priority actions will now properly stop and interrupt any lower-priority action they override, instead of both actions occurring simultaneously.
- Change: Drinking follows the same rules as eating as far as permissions are concerned. (See notes below)
- You can only drink an item if you have permissions to take it, or if it’s in a locked container you have permission to access.
- Note that water is still totally exempt from permissions (no change here).
- For example, a player can drink from a well full of water regardless of any deed or building permissions being applied.
- PvP Change: Removed kingdom tweeting from in-game using a title and replaced it with an event message and area history notation.
- Change: Doubled the chances to become king on Defiance
- Bugfix: You will no longer get shield/weapon skill when players are fighting things on different layers/floors.
- Bugfix: Karma summoned creatures can no longer be bred.
- Bugfix: Floating tabs with members list will now update properly when you move in and out of local.
- Fixed: Some piles of seeds were using the tool box graphic.
- Fixed: Fixed plain white cloth sleeves, bronze lump fragment, keystones, woodpulp (wood types visible too now), pile of wood pulp (if same woodtype)
On August 21st, at 19:00 CEST, our new server Cadence rises from the depths. Available via boat travel and portal from the spawn deeds of Harmony and Melody for existing characters, as well as the tutorial for brand new accounts!
Where does your journey take you?
- Change: Creatures will now respawn in the areas where there’s few of them, instead of randomly around the map. This will eventually make the creature density around the servers to even out.
- Bugfix: Fixed issues causing client to silently and randomly disconnect from the server.
- Bugfix: Creatures should no longer migrate north.
- Bugfix: Fixed an exploit enabling to drop RGB values of dyes with very small amounts of lower RGB dye.
In the last patch, we introduced a stopgap mechanic to address an exploit regarding the ability to link more priests than your skill allowed.
While investigating this exploit, we discussed how linking many priests allows limitless favour, meaning that by merely purchasing many premium accounts, you can bypass the entire mechanic that balanced channelling skill gain and enchanting.
While this issue has existed for a long time on the older servers, in brand new servers this creates a significant divide between those able to pay for many premium accounts and those that cannot, and shows a massive balance issue.
To address this all we will be changing how skill gain works with multiple linked priests, allowing up to 2 linked priests at normal skill gain, with the skill gain decreasing per added priest.
We will continue to monitor the situation and make changes if necessary.
In addition to these changes, starting Monday, August 24th faith and deity will transfer between Northern Freedom PvE and Defiance. If you are a priest on both sides, the deity with the highest faith will take priority.
If you are in the HOTS kingdom your deity will be swapped to Libila.
- Change: Instead of reducing favor regeneration, linking now reduces Channeling skillgain depending on the number of links.
- For up to two links there is no skillgain penalty.
- For more than two additional linked characters, the penalty is 15% less skillgain for each linked character. The penalty is capped up to 90% less skillgain.
- We’ll be monitoring the situation and further changes may be considered based on balance and feedback.
- Change: To avoid losing faith, sermons will no longer cause alignment to go the opposite way of your deity’s alignment.
- Bugfix: Favor regeneration frequency is no longer affected by server lag.
- Change: Spearfishing tweaks
- Reduced difficulty of catching fish with a spear and net
- Spearing your own foot is now less likely and results in less damage
- Bugfix: Meditation cooldowns will properly transfer between Northern Freedom PvP and PvE servers (to/from Defiance), since the skill is shared.
- Bugfix: Fixed sleep bonus running too slow and too fast due to server lag.
Note: Testing results may vary as the time sleep bonus lasts for is also affected by the Fats bar (CCFP) – https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Cooking#Benefits
- Bugfix: Fixed cases where incorrect improve icons would show after tempering a high quality item
- Change: Maximum Archery skill that you can gain by using an archery target was increased to 45.
- Bugfix: Fixed bug that allowed players to get over 40 Archery on an archery target.
- Northern Freedom Only: We have identified a few players who used this bug to raise archery higher than intended. After verifying that their archery skill was below 45 before the bug was introduced in yesterdays patch, the Archery skill of those players will be moved back to 45.0.
- New: Added separate Russian and German help chats in addition to the general Non-English one. Those can also be toggled from the Profile menu, and are detected by your client’s system language.
- New: Added a Tutorial Help channel spanning all of Haven (both the tutorial and portal area)
- More server lag optimizations have been done, and we have several more improvements for that in the works.
- Change: Allow bow skills to be trained to 30 even when 40 archery.
Change: Destroy Grave has been renamed to Loot Grave to help avoid confusion on what it does.
- Bugfix: The open option on player graves has been removed.
- Bugfix: Language-specific chat toggles will now save properly when re-logging
- Server code was significantly optimized to reduce lag.
- Dirt in the tutorial area should now properly replenish.
- Lightning strikes will no longer deal damage to items on the ground.
- Trade chat should now be shared between Harmony and Melody.
- Marks Store is now re-enabled.
- Note: the imbue potions are currently removed from the gift packs on Northern Freedom Isles, and tomes cannot be purchased on Defiance.
- Fixed PvP portals giving sleep bonus (intended only for Epic portals)
- Fixed PvP portals sometimes breaking the character’s ability to transfer through again when the first transfer failed.