- New: Moonmetal can now be purchased in the Marks store on Northern Freedom Isles servers.
- This does not include Defiance
- Change: Changed Marks-purchased moonmetal quality to 80 quality
- Bugfix: Fixed a permission issue allowing to world drag certain items without the correct permission
- Bugfix: Healing in inactive rift area will no longer increase participation points
- Bugfix: Fixed mining products being able to be gathered above 100 quality on Epic servers.
- Instances of this issue will be retroactively fixed back to 100 quality
- New: Added inventory icons for checker board and checker piece
- New: Imbues should now be able to be used on Northern Freedom Isles servers.
- Bugfix: Fixed being unable to embark vehicles on bridges
- Bugfix: Fixed runes not working to increase the resource quality – vein quality should now be properly affected by the 10% bonus
- Bugfix: Fixed new gathering formulas not using the Epic curve properly
- Bugfix: Fixed new mining quality calculation not being applied properly for meteorites and gems
- Bugfix: Fixed a server crash issue
- New: Added a craftable variant of the checkerboard
- New: Rifts, Runes, and Imbues are now enabled on the Northern Freedom Isles
- Change: Checkers Boards will now fit on more tables.
- Change: Source Spring Rework
- Source springs will now respawn periodically around servers with a finite amount of source.
- Springs disappear once the source is collected from them.
- Current source springs and fountains will also stop regenerating source in them and will disappear once empty of source.
- Underground source springs that spawn upon breaking cave walls will now spawn more often.
- Change: You must now be on the same floor level as the vehicle in order to embark it.
- Change: Gathering Runes and Imbue rework
- Gathering Runes add +10% to the base quality, but that is capped at your skill level.
- Imbues now add a bonus of up to 25% of the difference between the resulting quality and 100 at 100 imbue power. This can exceed your gathering skill.
- The rune bonus is applied before the imbue bonus.
- A breakdown of the imbue formula can be found here: https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/181865-imbue-rework-formula/&do=embed
- Bugfix: Removed duplicate message when taking items from Bulk Storage Bins and Crates
- Bugfix: Fixed issue causing you to not be able to fight back when a hostile creature on deed targeted you first.
- BugFix: Particle effect will no longer remain visible after picking up the Checkers Board.
Ho ho ho!
Santa is here with his yearly gifts for all premium Wurmians! Simply speak with Santa at any starter town, or build your own Christmas tree to find a gift underneath!
This gift won’t stay around forever, available from 3 pm server time on the 23rd until 12pm on the 31st of December!
- Change: You can no longer bury corpses on deeds where you cannot terraform. Requires terraforming village role permission.
- Change: Wool items may now be used to bandage wounds, functioning identically to cotton items.
- The master cape, like kingdom robes, may now be used to bandage wounds an infinite number of times.
- Some unique items, such as newbie items and anniversary gifts, are now unable to be used as bandages, to prevent accidental destruction.
- Change: Player disease will no longer worsen if there are no other players or creatures present on the same tile.
- Players will now be slightly less likely to catch disease, and when a player is diseased, it will heal slightly more quickly when healing, and worsen slightly more slowly when worsening.
- PvP Change: You now need to wait 2 minutes on PvP servers after combat to be able to use /stuck.
- Bugfix: Light Tokens will now properly decay on deed, inside forges.
- Bugfix: Creature tile position is now saved when hitching, this should help solve hitched creatures getting diseased for no reason.
- Bugfix: Removed repeated text from summon soul question popup.
- Bugfix: Wrath of Magranon will no longer deal damage on villages outside raid windows
- Bugfix: No longer possible to lead more creatures than intended by using karma to summon creatures
- Bugfix: Roaming depot will now show its light at the proper time
- Bugfix: Marks shop swap deity will always give proper alignment for your new god and is no longer blocked for mayors when not changing kingdom also.
- Bugfix: Traitor missions will now properly trigger when there is also a kill x mission of the same creature.
- Bugfix: Single server Valrei instances will now properly give out prizes to the winner on completion of a scenario.
- Bugfix: When entering or leaving a cave creatures following will now always enter your layer and no longer get stuck on a different layer than you.
We’ve taken a little time to share where we’re at with existing issues and answering a few questions regarding where we’re at before we begin talking about the future!
- Client changes (new UI only):
- New: Reintroduced missing functionality to the fight window – it should now properly show special moves, stance difficulty and stun status
- New: ‘Filter’ Items has been added to the containers listed below. This is not available on the old UI.
- Bulk storage bin
- Food storage bin
- Small crate
- Large crate
- Crate rack
- Bulk container unit
- Change: Fight window was reduced in size
- Change: Chat tabs will glow now when they have new messages, to bring more attention to it
- Change: Skill tracker background can now be toggled with a right-click option
- Change: Inventory filter buttons will now glow if they are activated. They will also reset on reopening the inventory
- Change: Width of QL and DMG inventory columns was decreased
- Bugfix: Fixed “Repeat action” bind not recording actions in certain cases
- Bugfix: Fixed misaligned input boxes in manage merchant screen
- Bugfix: Reduced text size on small status effect icons
- Bugfix: Fixed skill tracker options window appearing too small and requiring resizing
- New: A /balances command has been added.
- Using /balances in a chat window will display the following balances in your event window:
- Bank balance
- Marks balance
- Rift points if greater than 0
- Jackal points if greater than 0
- Change: Higher-priority actions will now properly stop and interrupt any lower-priority action they override, instead of both actions occurring simultaneously.
- Change: Drinking follows the same rules as eating as far as permissions are concerned. (See notes below)
- You can only drink an item if you have permissions to take it, or if it’s in a locked container you have permission to access.
- Note that water is still totally exempt from permissions (no change here).
- For example, a player can drink from a well full of water regardless of any deed or building permissions being applied.
- PvP Change: Removed kingdom tweeting from in-game using a title and replaced it with an event message and area history notation.
- Change: Doubled the chances to become king on Defiance
- Bugfix: You will no longer get shield/weapon skill when players are fighting things on different layers/floors.
- Bugfix: Karma summoned creatures can no longer be bred.
- Bugfix: Floating tabs with members list will now update properly when you move in and out of local.
- Fixed: Some piles of seeds were using the tool box graphic.
- Fixed: Fixed plain white cloth sleeves, bronze lump fragment, keystones, woodpulp (wood types visible too now), pile of wood pulp (if same woodtype)
On August 21st, at 19:00 CEST, our new server Cadence rises from the depths. Available via boat travel and portal from the spawn deeds of Harmony and Melody for existing characters, as well as the tutorial for brand new accounts!
Where does your journey take you?
- Change: Creatures will now respawn in the areas where there’s few of them, instead of randomly around the map. This will eventually make the creature density around the servers to even out.
- Bugfix: Fixed issues causing client to silently and randomly disconnect from the server.
- Bugfix: Creatures should no longer migrate north.
- Bugfix: Fixed an exploit enabling to drop RGB values of dyes with very small amounts of lower RGB dye.
In the last patch, we introduced a stopgap mechanic to address an exploit regarding the ability to link more priests than your skill allowed.
While investigating this exploit, we discussed how linking many priests allows limitless favour, meaning that by merely purchasing many premium accounts, you can bypass the entire mechanic that balanced channelling skill gain and enchanting.
While this issue has existed for a long time on the older servers, in brand new servers this creates a significant divide between those able to pay for many premium accounts and those that cannot, and shows a massive balance issue.
To address this all we will be changing how skill gain works with multiple linked priests, allowing up to 2 linked priests at normal skill gain, with the skill gain decreasing per added priest.
We will continue to monitor the situation and make changes if necessary.
In addition to these changes, starting Monday, August 24th faith and deity will transfer between Northern Freedom PvE and Defiance. If you are a priest on both sides, the deity with the highest faith will take priority.
If you are in the HOTS kingdom your deity will be swapped to Libila.
- Change: Instead of reducing favor regeneration, linking now reduces Channeling skillgain depending on the number of links.
- For up to two links there is no skillgain penalty.
- For more than two additional linked characters, the penalty is 15% less skillgain for each linked character. The penalty is capped up to 90% less skillgain.
- We’ll be monitoring the situation and further changes may be considered based on balance and feedback.
- Change: To avoid losing faith, sermons will no longer cause alignment to go the opposite way of your deity’s alignment.
- Bugfix: Favor regeneration frequency is no longer affected by server lag.