The newest issue of the Valrei International is hot off the press and ready to read… Check it out by clicking the image below!
Patch Notes 23-MAY-2023
- Bugfix: Meditation and faith gain counters in the new server-controlled timers now properly show how many you have left instead of how many you’ve already done.
- The meditation path advancement timer is now more clear in its name and hover description about whether or not you have enough skill to advance to a new path level.
- Bugfix: Meditation cooldown will reset correctly when a new day starts.
- Bugfix: Temperature state text in item hover descriptions has been improved and should no longer overlap other text.
- Bugfix: Priests can now quench hot items.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue where animals crossing servers would disappear.
- Bugfix: Missions will no longer sometimes show an incorrect amount of karma rewarded for participation following a server reboot.
- Bugfix: Progress toward the “Hold 100 Sermons” journal goal has been fixed.
- Change: The new quality lock system has been improved: If a maximum quality is set, only items under that quality will be allowed, instead of items equal to or under that quality. For example, if a container is set with a minimum of 90QL and a maximum of 100QL, 100QL items will no longer be allowed. This change should allow you to set proper ranges on multiple bins without having to worry about any accidental overlap, especially with 100QL items.
- Text has been changed in several areas to make this change clear.
- You may wish to double-check your existing quality-locked containers in order to make sure their settings reflect what you want after these changes.
- Change: Missions asking for the creation of guard towers will now give credit for any guard tower built, regardless of type or kingdom.
- New: New title has been added for 100 skill in Weapon Heads Smithing. Congrats Aetherwalker!
- New: Added missing titles for 3 skills:
- Blade Smithing
- Weapon Head Smithing
- Bugfix: Additional fixes for creature cage crossing issues.
Patch Notes 09-MAY-2023 and May’s Monthly Skin!
May’s “Harrowing Halberd” skin has sharp pointy things on a stick… an all time classic! Available through the month of May in the Marks Shop at any settlement token, this skin can be applied to any Halberd to give it a unique and fancy look!
- Bugfix: You are no longer able to cast dirt in bulk storage bins that are inside a bulk container unit.
- Bugfix: Fixed text errors when examining fortified coffee.
- Bugfix: Fixed wrong description when examining fermenting whisky.
- Bugfix: Fixed empyrean item creation related achievements.
- Bugfix: Fixed error-prone behavior when sailing between servers near the corners of the map.
- Bugfix: Founding a settlement now only checks for water on the actual tile the settlement token will be on, instead of checking tiles to the northwest of it, and the error message given has been updated to reflect this.
- Bugfix: Duplicate sizes in missions and some other places have been fixed, such as “small small mauls” or “large large anvils”.
- Change: Quality locks on bulk containers have been significantly improved:
- You can now set minimum allowed quality in the container, the maximum, or both, by right-clicking the container, then clicking “Permissions” followed by “Set Quality Lock”.
- The highest minimum quality you can set is now determined by the quality level of the lock, rounded up to the nearest whole number. Previously, the lock quality was rounded down.
- Maximum quality allowed in the container is not restricted and can be any whole number up to (and including) 100.
- Existing quality locked containers will keep their current minimum quality when being switched to this new system.
- Change: Items can now be smelted at any temperature at or above “glowing hot” instead of an unlabeled temperature above that threshold, and a message is now sent to the event tab when you smelt an item. The option will also appear in the right-click menu regardless of temperature.
- Change: Items now have two more temperature categories beyond “glowing” in order to make it more clear when items are at a very high temperature. Instead of simply “glowing”, items can now be “glowing dimly”, “glowing brightly”, or, when near maximum temperature, “glowing white-hot”.
- New: Added the ability to quench hot items in liquid to cool them down.
- New: A new item, the large pantry cupboard, has been added to make storing your food ingredients easier!
- This functions similarly to the bulk container unit, but for food. It contains four pantry shelves, each of which is equivalent to a food storage bin.
- It is built similarly to the bulk container unit as well, requiring 1 handful of large nails, 3 wooden beams, 6 planks, and 4 food storage bins.
- Bugfix: Being drunk will no longer break Item Tags
- Change: Added confirmation window for when rare+ liquid is being split into a smaller containers.
- Bug fix: Removed reference to non-premium account deletion in Steam store.
Better Event Messages and Player Feedback
To see a full list of message changes, check out the forum post here!
- Many preset timers have been added to the “Custom Timers” panel in the client, which has now been renamed to “Timers”, and some other adjustments have been made:
- These currently include: Progress of moving your bank, and how much time until you can: Change village, change kingdom, change religion, pray for Faith, pray/exorcise at a Holy Site, give a sermon, receive an Alignment change, meditate for skill, use a meditation path ability you have, and receive your next meditation question.
- These timers will not be displayed if they are irrelevant to your character. For example, you will not see the “Sermon” timer if you are not a priest, will not see the “Faith” timer if you are at maximum Faith, and will not see timers for abilities you do not have.
- These timers are controlled by the server and consider all possible factors affecting the next time you can perform the action. For example, the “Faith” timer takes daily limits, daily server Faith reset times, and resets from sermons into account.
- To avoid clutter, some of these timers will not be displayed at all unless a cooldown period is actually active at some point during your play session. These include bank movement, changing village/deity/kingdom, and receiving Alignment changes.
- These timers can be hovered over with the mouse to display a description. For timers with a maximum amount associated with them, like Faith gains per day, the amount you have left will also be shown.
- To hide one of these timers, right click the timer, hover over its name, and click “Hide”. Even if hidden, the timer’s current time can be viewed by right clicking anywhere on the Timers panel and hovering over “Show hidden timers”. Clicking the name of the timer in this list will unhide it.
- A sound will now play when any running timer finishes.
- For clarity, finished timers will now display their text in a different font color, preset and custom timers have differently colored progress bars, and paused/stopped custom timers have their progress bars darkened.
- Some minor display bugs have been fixed and minor changes made to formatting of time remaining.
- Changed many warning, error, and other messages for the sake of clarity:
- Messages received when approaching a server edge with no valid destination
- Mining error/warning messages
- Messages received when a mission expires or succeeds on a server that does not have Valrei enabled
- Flattening/Leveling/Digging error messages
- Dyeing/Painting error messages
- Added a warning message when trying to use Strongwall to collapse a tile on top of a highway
- Highway-related error mesages when using highway markers. Options are also shown in the right-click menu under more circumstances, so that a failure message can be shown.
- Items that previously lacked a size description are now given a size of “medium” if they otherwise have the same name of a larger or smaller item with the same name. This affects mauls and maul heads, axes and axe heads, shields, and colourful carpets.
- Unstrung bows now have the word “unstrung” in their names. This includes mission descriptions. For consistency, some messages and descriptions also now read “unstrung” instead of “unstringed”.
- The medium-sized bow, previously simply called “bow”, is now called “reflex bow” for clarity.
- Bee noise messages are no longer triggered by domestic bee hives inside settlements.
- The “potion” item received from sacrificing items at an altar has been renamed to “greenish potion” and the description tweaked.
- Meditating when you cannot gain skill now shows a warning message along with the time you will next be able to gain skill. This time is also displayed at the end of a meditation action that does have a chance to gain skill.
- A special message will be shown when reaching maximum Faith (100 for priests, 30 for followers or non-Premium).
- When gaining Faith from prayer or Holy Site exorcism actions, the time until you can next gain Faith by doing so is displayed in a message, along with how many prayers per day you have left.
- A message is also given when preaching resets your prayers per day counter.
- Messages about having high enough Characteristics to be able to attack other players or steal from them will no longer be shown on PVE servers.
- Examining a quality-locked bulk container will now show the minimum quality of items that can be placed inside it.
- Dyeing has been made more consistent as far as terms and tools go:
- Some typos have been corrected when dyeing/painting items.
- When the item (or secondary part, such as a sail) is made of a soft material like cotton or leather, the action is always called “dyeing” and lye is used to remove it, otherwise the action is always called “painting” and a metal brush is used to remove it.
- Dragon armor no longer has a “remove colour” option that does nothing if you right-click it with a metal brush activated.
- Fixed issue with crossing a server border on the west side sending you to the west side of the destination server instead of the east.
- Added meditation skill requirements to the hover message for path question cooldown timer.
Valrei International: A Time for Clarity
Patch Notes 25-APR-2023 and Hotfix 27-APR-2023
- Bug fix: Wax sealing kits now have their quality and damage set properly when a container is unsealed.
- Bug fix: Placing a smaller item on a larger item (such as an anvil), then picking up the larger item, will no longer cause the smaller item to appear to be on the ground again if a change is made to it while in your inventory, such as cooling down or being renamed.
- Bugfix: Dyeable carpets now show “dye trim” as the option for dyeing the secondary part of the carpet. Which part of the carpet is the base and which is the trim has also been fixed for large flower carpets, small colourful carpets, and large colourful carpets. Colour of existing items has not been changed.
- Bugfix: When eating a snowball with a full hunger bar, it will now fill your water bar correctly.
- Change: All metal bowls can now contain liquids.
- Change: You may now lead the normal maximum of creatures on PVP servers as long as you are not leading a horse, hell horse, mule or donkey. Leading any of the listed creatures will limit you to 1 as in the past.
- Bugfix: Can no longer use office titles to check if a player without an office is online
- Bugfix: Fixed font size in Steam store window causing text to escape the window.
- Bugfix: Fixed hair showing incorrectly when wearing Winged Helms.
-Fix: Fixed PvP leading issues from last update.
-Fix: Added missing pack update for carpet fix from Tuesday.
Patch Notes 6-APR-2023, Easter Event, and April’s Monthly Skin!
This Easter, we are changing things up a bit! From the start of Sunday, April 9th until the end of Sunday, April 16th ( server time) premium players can forage to find an Easter Basket which contains a single step treasure hunt close to your village containing some brand new goodies! Players not part of a village will have their basket located near the closest starter village. You can continue to forage for new dyable Easter Eggs even after your basket has been found, which come pre-dyed in random sizes and colors.
April’s “Bunny Backpack” skin turns your backpack into a cuddly and festive rabbit! Available through the month of April in the Marks Shop at any settlement token, this skin can be applied to any Backpackto give it a unique and fancy look!
- Bugfix: Items placed on walls will now correctly fall to the floor when walls are removed.
- Bug fix: Locked items with permissions applied, such as vehicles, now require management permissions in order to dye or remove color from them.
- Change: You can now place items on guard towers.
- New: Backpacks are now dyeable.
Bugfix: Reduced the minimum range from token for the Easter events to bury your basket to fix some villages which where not allowing them to spawn.
Patch Notes 28-MAR-2023
- Bugfix: Birchwood archaeology fragments will now convert to wood fragments on attempt to combine them. This will allow use of the legacy birchwood frags.
- Bugfix: Holy Site Fixes
- Bug fix: Holy site backlash effects now give an event message even if entirely resisted (using Soul Strength).
- Bug fix: Holy site backlash creature spawns now spawn around the target player instead of some other location very far away.
- Bug fix: Corrected a jumbled message when multiple holy site backlash creatures are spawned around someone nearby.
- Bug fix: Holy site backlash damage effects now give messages appropriately, specify which body part they hit, and their effects (such as bleeding) function properly.
- Bug fix: Bleeding effect power is now properly updated in the spell effects bar/window when it is reduced over time by bleeding.
- Bug fix: Fixed visual effects not starting properly for players inside a holy site when it is first activated.
- Bug fix: Additional creature types may now spawn at the Fo steppe holy site (Sampo).
- Bug fix: The amount of moon metal from rummaging at a Magranon holy site has been reduced.
- Bug fix: The amount of favor given to a deity on holy site expiration has been corrected.
- Bug fix: Boars and hyenas now change size properly if they have a condition (such as Greenish or Champion).
- Holy site pulse messages are now alerts (in orange text) to better stand out in the event tab.
- Holy site backlash creature spawns now have “vengeful” added to their name, for the sake of clarity.
- Fo holy sites now spawn creatures twice as often as other holy sites. This only affects normal timed creature spawns, not creatures spawned due to backlash effects.
- Holy site spawning should now heavily prioritize whichever type of holy site does not exist on that server for that particular deity. For example, if a Fo holy site is being spawned, and a Sampo exists on the server but not a Wishing Tree, it will be extremely unlikely to spawn a second Sampo, and extremely likely to spawn a Wishing Tree instead.
- Event tab messages from holy site pulse and expiration will now be alert colored instead of normal colored.
- Bugfix: Fixed some situations where placing an item on a far target would snap back to a closer door.
- Bugfix: Holy Sites enhancements
- Bug fix: Corrected final positioning of meteorites and their visual effects, and the fire and smoke effects now fade out properly when they land.
- Bug fix: Some previously-missing visual effects have been added to holy sites.
- Change: Meteorites spawned by Magranon holy sites will now fall with staggered timing instead of dropping all at the same instant.
- Bugfix: Empyrean lamps will now show model and light effects correctly.
- Bugfix: Steel Helms with the Bucket Skin on will now correctly show the head.
- Bugfix: Fixed items with skins applied not showing empyrean material.
- Bugfix: Catapult and Battering Rams will now display the color they are dyed properly.
Patch Notes 14-MAR-2023 and March’s Monthly Skin!
March’s “Small Cherry Tree” skin turns your marble planters into adorable, tabletop cherry trees! Available through the month of March in the Marks Shop at any settlement token, this skin can be applied to any Marble Planter to give it a unique and fancy look!
- New: Added religious advisors and altars to all SFI starter towns on non PvP servers. These were already on NFI and have just been included on SFI now. Religious Advisors will convert you to a deity of your choice.
- New: New title has been added for 100 skill in Blade Smithing. Congrats Nineol!
- New: You can now paint Marble Planters.
- Bugfix: Holy Site tweaks and fixes
- Bugfix: Fixed “%THEIR%” displaying in holy site messages instead of the player’s pronouns when performing exorcism actions.
- Bugfix: Added several missing spell effect descriptions related to holy sites.
- Bugfix: Planning buildings at holy sites is now properly prevented.
- You can now feast at the Sampo even if your hunger is low.
- Reduced amount of holy site corruption and/or power loss from pulse events, especially when there are fewer participants.
- Increased spawn rate of creatures from holy sites.
- Actions that increase or decrease a holy site’s power or corruption at a holy site (purifying, desecrating, praying, preaching) will now affect the holy site even if you are beyond your maximum Faith gains per day. You still can’t gain Faith more times per day than normal, but you can now contribute to the holy site without daily limits. The 20-minute prayer cooldown timer still applies.
- Praying, preaching, desecrating, or purifying a holy site will now have greater impact, especially at low skill levels.
- Reduced chance and amount of holy site corruption from performing special actions, prayers, or sermons. Chance now scales with existing corruption, with special actions having no chance at all at 0 corruption.
- Holy site items now show “Power:” and “Corruption:” instead of “Ql:” and “Dam:” when examining them.
- Holy site visual effects are now visible to all players within an activated holy site, even those who worship a different deity or have low Faith.
Hotfix Notes 08/09-MAR-2023
- Hotfix: Fix for carpets and other vertically placed items not aligning to the contour of the ground. If you already placed one you will need to pick it up and drop it to have it properly orient again.
- Hotfix: Fixed cooldown for collecting items at Sampo Holy Sites. (09-MAR-2023)
Patch Notes 07-MAR-2023 and Holy Site release!
The time has finally come and Holy Sites are beginning to make appearances across the lands of Wurm! Starting today, you will find sacred shrines dedicated to the gods scattered throughout the world, with their locations revealed through visions triggered by the prayers of faithful Wurmians. To make sure you all get to jump right in and experience this exciting new feature, we will be increasing the spawn rates of Holy Sites, meaning one site for each deity should be up throughout the majority of March on every server.
Along with Holy Sites going live today, we have several Quality of Life changes and some new and improved carpets for everyone to dig into today. All existing carpets have been updated to support dyeing them different colours, and we didn’t stop there! You can dye them 2 separate colours, a main and a detail colour, to allow deep customization of any carpet you like. On top of updating the 3 existing carpets to support this new function, we have 3 new carpets being released with this update, increasing your design options to include 6 carpets total of various sizes and styles!
With so many choices of color and style, are you worried about where you’re going to fit all these carpets? Worry no more! Carpets will now be place-able on walls, bringing even more decorative options to colorize your cozy interiors.
In PvP news, Defiance will begin having PMK’s enabled within the next few days, and the nerf to the Break Altar spell will be removed. These changes will have their own dedicated post once everything is configured and ready to go for the Player Made Kingdoms launch on Defiance!
And now, for the patch notes!
- Bugfix: Wrong resources showing in event message when digging with a full inventory.
- Bugfix: Siege Weapons will no longer lose their loaded ammo between server restarts.
- Change: Successful actions on Moments of Inspiration when combining archaeology fragments will now always make them rare regardless of how many fragments are already attached.
- Change: Removed Break Altar nerf on all pvp servers.
- New: You can now right click the window header to save default size/location of the window, new inventory windows(windows containing items) that don’t have a historical location saved will use that new default. Window sizes/locations now save more often and not just on closing/logging out.
- New: Creatures can now be fed and tamed by activating a container with the food inside of it, similar to planting and sowing from containers. This will, for example, allow you to queue up multiple taming actions using the same container with multiple food items inside it.
- New: You can now dye carpets, with two colour zones (main and details) for greater customization! New carpets made after this update will now come out as white, and existing carpets have been dyed to retain the colours they had before this update (including carpets with colour runes). Added 3 new carpets along with the update to the existing 3, and these are crafted using the loom the same way old carpets are.
- New: Added a “Find in Recipes” button to right click menu on items.
- Searches based on using that item as a material in the recipe, not the recipe for that item.
- Change: Unnecessary columns have been removed to make the mission window smaller.