We’ve taken a little time to share where we’re at with existing issues and answering a few questions regarding where we’re at before we begin talking about the future!
- Client changes (new UI only):
- New: Reintroduced missing functionality to the fight window – it should now properly show special moves, stance difficulty and stun status
- New: ‘Filter’ Items has been added to the containers listed below. This is not available on the old UI.
- Bulk storage bin
- Food storage bin
- Small crate
- Large crate
- Crate rack
- Bulk container unit
- Change: Fight window was reduced in size
- Change: Chat tabs will glow now when they have new messages, to bring more attention to it
- Change: Skill tracker background can now be toggled with a right-click option
- Change: Inventory filter buttons will now glow if they are activated. They will also reset on reopening the inventory
- Change: Width of QL and DMG inventory columns was decreased
- Bugfix: Fixed “Repeat action” bind not recording actions in certain cases
- Bugfix: Fixed misaligned input boxes in manage merchant screen
- Bugfix: Reduced text size on small status effect icons
- Bugfix: Fixed skill tracker options window appearing too small and requiring resizing
- New: A /balances command has been added.
- Using /balances in a chat window will display the following balances in your event window:
- Bank balance
- Marks balance
- Rift points if greater than 0
- Jackal points if greater than 0
- Change: Higher-priority actions will now properly stop and interrupt any lower-priority action they override, instead of both actions occurring simultaneously.
- Change: Drinking follows the same rules as eating as far as permissions are concerned. (See notes below)
- You can only drink an item if you have permissions to take it, or if it’s in a locked container you have permission to access.
- Note that water is still totally exempt from permissions (no change here).
- For example, a player can drink from a well full of water regardless of any deed or building permissions being applied.
- PvP Change: Removed kingdom tweeting from in-game using a title and replaced it with an event message and area history notation.
- Change: Doubled the chances to become king on Defiance
- Bugfix: You will no longer get shield/weapon skill when players are fighting things on different layers/floors.
- Bugfix: Karma summoned creatures can no longer be bred.
- Bugfix: Floating tabs with members list will now update properly when you move in and out of local.
- Fixed: Some piles of seeds were using the tool box graphic.
- Fixed: Fixed plain white cloth sleeves, bronze lump fragment, keystones, woodpulp (wood types visible too now), pile of wood pulp (if same woodtype)
- Change: When enemies are in local, you will always disembark vehicles and mounts directly under them. Embark/ride max distance is now limited to 1 tile. (PvP only)
- Change: Maximum drake and scale drop from unique kills has been slightly reduced on Defiance. (PvP only)
- Note: No dragon or hatchling has been killed yet on Defiance.
- Fix: Fixed stealing action making items busy, stealing can make settlement guards attack you. (PvP only)
- Fix: Reverted the creature spawning distribution changes. Creatures should still no longer migrate north, but we are investigating the issue with creatures getting crowded in enclosures.
- Shortly after this update, failed PayPal payments will be reimbursed. Purchasing through PayPal currently works as usual and should have no delay.
- Change: Sleep bonus will now automatically disable after 5 minutes of inactivity instead.
- Note: Auto-disabling sleep bonus still does not trigger the cooldown.
- Change: Made preparations for Cadence launch today (19:00 CEST).
- Note: The tutorial world portal will require a client pack update later in the day to show the new server – if you log in before that, you will need to restart and update it to portal through.
- Fix: Tower guards will now properly disappear when their tower is destroyed.
- Fix: You can no longer light a forge through keybinds without using the correct tool for that
- Fix: Addressed one of the major server lag causes on Defiance.
On August 21st, at 19:00 CEST, our new server Cadence rises from the depths. Available via boat travel and portal from the spawn deeds of Harmony and Melody for existing characters, as well as the tutorial for brand new accounts!
Where does your journey take you?
- Change: Creatures will now respawn in the areas where there’s few of them, instead of randomly around the map. This will eventually make the creature density around the servers to even out.
- Bugfix: Fixed issues causing client to silently and randomly disconnect from the server.
- Bugfix: Creatures should no longer migrate north.
- Bugfix: Fixed an exploit enabling to drop RGB values of dyes with very small amounts of lower RGB dye.
- Change: Tutorial server should no longer show CA Help (shows Tutorial Help instead), Freedom or GL-Freedom chats.
- When checking for disease due to too many creatures being on the same tile:
- For now, players will no longer become diseased or contribute to other creatures becoming diseased.
- Non-diseased creatures hitched to the same vehicle as each other will no longer cause each other to be diseased. This includes hitching posts.
- Bugfix: Fixed Alignment still falling in the opposite way of your deity during sermons
- Bugfix: Tamed/Dominated creatures from other kingdoms will now attack people with deity immunity to creatures/monsters.
- Bugfix: Fixed surface prospecting showing wrong vein quality.
- Bugfix: Fixed issue with teleporting not cancelling actions.
- Bugfix: Non-English Help channels will now show CA colours properly.
- Bugfix: Shortly after the servers come back up from the update, sandstone and rocksalt veins will appear on the new servers (Harmony, Melody, Defiance), as they were missing from the start.
In the last patch, we introduced a stopgap mechanic to address an exploit regarding the ability to link more priests than your skill allowed.
While investigating this exploit, we discussed how linking many priests allows limitless favour, meaning that by merely purchasing many premium accounts, you can bypass the entire mechanic that balanced channelling skill gain and enchanting.
While this issue has existed for a long time on the older servers, in brand new servers this creates a significant divide between those able to pay for many premium accounts and those that cannot, and shows a massive balance issue.
To address this all we will be changing how skill gain works with multiple linked priests, allowing up to 2 linked priests at normal skill gain, with the skill gain decreasing per added priest.
We will continue to monitor the situation and make changes if necessary.
In addition to these changes, starting Monday, August 24th faith and deity will transfer between Northern Freedom PvE and Defiance. If you are a priest on both sides, the deity with the highest faith will take priority.
If you are in the HOTS kingdom your deity will be swapped to Libila.
- Change: Instead of reducing favor regeneration, linking now reduces Channeling skillgain depending on the number of links.
- For up to two links there is no skillgain penalty.
- For more than two additional linked characters, the penalty is 15% less skillgain for each linked character. The penalty is capped up to 90% less skillgain.
- We’ll be monitoring the situation and further changes may be considered based on balance and feedback.
- Change: To avoid losing faith, sermons will no longer cause alignment to go the opposite way of your deity’s alignment.
- Bugfix: Favor regeneration frequency is no longer affected by server lag.
- Change: More server optimizations to reduce lag during high player counts
- Change: Added a profanity filter to names during character creation
- Bugfix: Certain things on the server (such as creature movement) should no longer run at a higher pace after a period of lag
Bugfix: Fixed buggy human zombies being erroneously respawned
Bugfix: Fixed items disappearing from the crafting window if their material type changes
- Bugfix: Fixed decoration items decaying inside containers on deed
- Priest changes (these changes affect all servers):
- Fixed bug allowing more than intended priest links at one time
- When linking you are now given a debuff that reduces your favor regen by 5x – this will also last for 15 minutes after you break a link
- The minimum favor before being able to use the Favor for linked casts has been increased from 10 to 20
- This is a short term solution due to potential abuses brought to our attention over the last week. We will be looking at the way linked priests work and how favour regeneration works and adjusting it as necessary in a coming update.