- Fix: Fixed an issue with Haven not allowing transfer to NFI servers.
- Fix: Fixed an issue preventing meditation path level up on Defiance.
- Change: Changes to Rifts:
- Removed 1 wave from rifts, this reduces the total creatures spawned by about 40%
- Rift Warmaster now gives 20 points instead of 1.
- Change: Change to the Defiance Meditation cap:
- The meditation level cap has been removed from Defiance, only knowledge will gain any effect from above the normal Defiance meditation cap still for now but any path can level it up as high as they want.
- Reduced the time cool down between meditation level ups for defiance by half, the skill requirements will stay the same and this will effect all paths and all levels.
- Fix: Fixed a shader crash on new Mesa drivers.
- Fix: Buffed Fog – it should now show better in the modern renderer.
This week’s restart will be rescheduled from Tuesday, September 27th to Wednesday, September 28th. Happy Wurming!
Another issue of the Valrei International has arrived, hot off the press with more information on what to look forward to in Exploration Update Part Two!
- Change: Crude axe is now updated to use hatchet skill instead of pickaxe.
- Change: When a player manually returns mail it will now last 2 weeks instead of 1 week before being deleted.
- Bugfix: Statues and other ground objects will glow again when equipped with a glow rune.
- Bugfix: Items that are both dyed and have a colour rune attached will now display their dyed colour when placed on the ground.
- Change: Tweaks to creature condition colours on modern renderer.
- Bugfix: UI client issues
- Fixed text scaling on friends/support tabs.
- Added show detailed hover option to options window.
- Freelook mode will now have a crosshair again.
- Added option on skill tracker to scale text size to the width.
We have also made a few optimizations to hopefully address some of the recent lag issues.
September’s Winged Helm Skin!
September’s monthly skin is the “Winged Helm”, invented by R. Plimey in 908 after an unfortunate horseback collision with an eagle. Available through the month of September in the Marks Shop at any settlement token, this skin can be applied to an Open Helm to give it a unique and fancy look.
The newest issue of the Valrei International has arrived, and brings a sneak peek at a portion of Exploration Update Part Two!
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue preventing map clues from opening on independence.
- Change: Mini tokens have been updated to better identify what server they belong to.
- Bugfix: Ebony/molten speed bonus now applies to hitched animals
- Bugfix: New Necklaces from treasure hunting are now improvable.
- Bugfix: Unique skulls are now decorations.
- Unique hats: Crown of the Troll King and Goblin Leader War Bonnet will now no longer show leather as the tool required to imp them when viewed in inventory.
- Bugfix: It is no longer possible to open dirty caskets/sealed bottles that you did not drop/place.
- Change: Archaeology and Restoration Rebalance
- Getting runes will now be slightly easier when combining archaeology fragments.
- The following actions now reduce the chance to receive runes:
- Using the incorrect tool on restoration steps
- Failing an identify action
- Failing a combine action
- Instantly identified fragments will now give a better chance of runes.
- Wood fragments will now say wood instead of birchwood.
- When combining a basic metal item the chance of iron is now improved at higher levels.
- When combining an alloy metal item the chance of steel is now improved at higher levels.
- When getting runes or casts on combined archaeology items it will now consider an item a tool before a weapon if it is considered both. This prevents tools that are also weapons from getting only weapon runes and casts.
- Rebalanced casts on combined archaeology items to be considerably higher power on average and based on restoration skill.
- The odds of getting a spell cast on a restored item have been roughly cut in half.
- It is now possible to get 5 runes where a bug prevented this in the past.
- A hatchet is now considered a tool and will get tool runes.
- A bush will no longer detract from a tile’s archaeology value.
- The top tier of fragments has been made possible to achieve by easing the requirements a bit.
- A bug preventing sand from becoming investigable more than once per server restart has been fixed.
- Enchantment success runes now reduce difficulty instead of increasing bonus.
- Mend runes are now any target
- Tool tips will now show rune names and abbreviations
- All bulk items will not get runes or casts so they can be stored easily
- Planks have been added to the drop table
- Arrow shafts have been removed from the drop table
- Partially identified fragments will now better reflect what they are (wooden, metal, weapon, etc)
- You can now smelt items with enchantments and runes by confirming the action via a popup.
- Mini tokens will now indicate direction to their associated deed.
- Tin ore no longer shows as a metal fragment on second stage of investigation
- Transferring servers with unidentified fragments should no longer make them revert to iron and steel.
- Crude shovels will no longer be wooden fragments
- Moon metal fragment drop rate in caches has been doubled
- Change: Difficulty and quality formulas for various nature actions have been changed to use your entire skill value instead of only the whole number portion.
- For example, at 99.5 skill, quality and difficulty will be based on that value of 99.5 instead of just 99. This will usually result in slightly higher-quality results when foraging, botanizing, harvesting from trellises, picking pottery planters, and searching for fishing items (grubs, wurms, bark, and twigs).
- Change: The “Improve an Armour Piece to 80QL” journal goal can now be completed by improving a shield to 80QL, not just body armour. The goal’s text has been changed to reflect this.
- Change: Ore ql is no longer capped at 99.9999 and can now be mined at 100 with rare+ or imbued tools if you have 100 skill.
- Change: The /me chat command no longer works in Help related channels.
- Change: Updated time until able to breed timer to be accurate and use a timestamp.
- New: Added a new title for 100 in Hammer skill. Congratulations Nineol!
August’s “Bjarne Backpack” lets you bring your adorable fuzzy buddy everywhere you go! Available through the month of August in the Marks Shop at any settlement token, this skin can be applied to any backpack to give it a unique and fancy look.
New Account Premium Deals are now available again under PayPal in the Wurm Online Shop!