In the last patch, we introduced a stopgap mechanic to address an exploit regarding the ability to link more priests than your skill allowed.
While investigating this exploit, we discussed how linking many priests allows limitless favour, meaning that by merely purchasing many premium accounts, you can bypass the entire mechanic that balanced channelling skill gain and enchanting.
While this issue has existed for a long time on the older servers, in brand new servers this creates a significant divide between those able to pay for many premium accounts and those that cannot, and shows a massive balance issue.
To address this all we will be changing how skill gain works with multiple linked priests, allowing up to 2 linked priests at normal skill gain, with the skill gain decreasing per added priest.
We will continue to monitor the situation and make changes if necessary.
In addition to these changes, starting Monday, August 24th faith and deity will transfer between Northern Freedom PvE and Defiance. If you are a priest on both sides, the deity with the highest faith will take priority.
If you are in the HOTS kingdom your deity will be swapped to Libila.
- Change: Instead of reducing favor regeneration, linking now reduces Channeling skillgain depending on the number of links.
- For up to two links there is no skillgain penalty.
- For more than two additional linked characters, the penalty is 15% less skillgain for each linked character. The penalty is capped up to 90% less skillgain.
- We’ll be monitoring the situation and further changes may be considered based on balance and feedback.
- Change: To avoid losing faith, sermons will no longer cause alignment to go the opposite way of your deity’s alignment.
- Bugfix: Favor regeneration frequency is no longer affected by server lag.