This is a huge update to Wurm Unlimited, with 6 months worth of changes going live. It includes many new systems and reworks of existing systems, as such the full notes are listed below.
The new fishing system is the last project worked on by senior developer Tich, before her passing. Unfortunately she did not live to see it go live, but we finished it off and launched it in her honour. To further honour her memory we have included a statue of Tich, doing her favourite thing, fishing!)
As usual, please report any bugs you find on our official forums at http://forum.wurmonline.com
And as always, Keep on Wurming!
The Wurm team.
Changes and Additions:
New: Archaeology changes and additions.
- Wood types have been added to wooden items.
- New statues have been discovered.
- Fix for some moonmetal fragments.
- Tweaked base difficulty for investigating to be a bit easier overall.
- You can also now get an extra bonus in areas that are considered valuable according to Archaeology, making fragments a bit easier to gain at higher levels in those locations.
- New: Archaeology caches have been added
- Once a report is completed enough, the center tile of that deed can then be found via “Get direction” on the report.
- Using the “Get direction” function on the center tile of that deed will unearth an archaeology cache.
- Inside the cache will be an assortment of unidentified fragments including a larger percentage of statue fragments and a relic of the former deed.
- Amount of fragments is determined by archaeology skill and report ql with a minimum of 10.
- Once unearthed the report will be consumed.
- Change: Archaeology journal improvements
- Journals will now hold a number of reports up to the ql of the journal, with a minimum of 22.
- Placing a piece of paper or papyrus greater than 30ql inside the journal will automatically turn it into a blank report
- Reports can also now be moved in and out of journals via drag and drop.
- Tweaked the chances for location info to be recorded in a report to be a bit lower than previously to balance for caches.
- Some Archaeology statues with solid bases can now have items placed upon them.
New: Fishing is now interactive with many new features and items.
- Light fishing reel
- Medium fishing reel
- Deep water fishing reel
- Professional fishing reel
Fishing Reels are added to rods so that they can be used for fishing. A fishing reel holds up to 1 line (which in turn may contain other things), and may be placed in a rod. Fishing Reels will take damage from use, with rare fishing reels taking less damage and less likely to break rod.
Rare reels make it easier to reel the fish in.
- Handle – same item as current in-game version.
- Wrapped handle – same item as current in-game version
- Reinforced handle
- Padded handle
- Basic line – used on pole, may only contain a (wood or metal) hook
- Light line – used on basic fishing reel, used to catch smaller fish
- Medium line – used on fine fishing reel, used to catch medium fish
- Heavy line – used on deep water fishing reel, used to catch large fish
- Braided line – used on professional fishing reel, used to catch ‘special’ fish
Floats can be added to lines which affects which fish are more likely to be caught. There are 4 types of float:
- Feather – part of butchered loot from rooster, pheasant and hen.
- Twig – found on bush tiles.
- Small moss – taken from moss.
- Bark – found on overaged birch trees.
Floats will take damage over time when used, and will need replacing from time to time.
- Hooks are added to lines to catch fish. There are 3 types of hook:
- Wood – same as current item, better for fly fishing
- Metal – same as current item, better for deep water / sea fishing
- Bone – made from goblin skulls
Hooks behave as a container, which may contain bait, and will take damage over time as they are used.
Wood type will affect how fast a fish turns up
When used on a hook, bait increases the chance of catching particular fish. There are 12 types of bait:
- Fly – You catch these using a pottery jar with a bit of honey in it, on animals that require grooming.
- Cheese Piece – Cheese Broken into smaller pieces.
- Dough Ball – a small ball of dough.
- Wurm – Found on dirt and mycelium tiles.
- Sardines – Caught using fishing nets in shallows.
- Roach – Caught in shallow waters.
- Perch – Caught in shallow waters.
- Minnow – Caught in caves.
- Fish Bait – Small fish chopped up.
- Grub – Found in shrivelled trees, prised out using an awl.
- Wheat Grain – from wheat!
- Corn Kernel – from corn.
Each time a fish bites on a baited line, the bait will take damage (e.g. the fish eats a bit of it). Bait is not required to catch fish (i.e. you can catch fish without bait), but the chances are a lot lower. Different fish prefer different bait.
The fishing net can be used to catch small fish in shallow waters. Small fish may be used directly, or turned into bait to use on larger fish. This is the only way to catch sardines.
A keep net may be attached to a boat, and is used to preserve freshly caught fish (i.e. reduce decay). It can also be planted on the ground next to a player. Note that it must be planted, in water, to behave as a container; just dropping it will not allow fish to be placed in the keep net. It can only be picked up when empty.
The tackle box is a special new container designed to streamline fishing. As well as being a convenient place to put spare floats, lines, bait, and other fishing paraphernalia, it automatically replaces fishing consumables as they are used up. In particular, as bait and floats are consumed (i.e. reach 100 damage), if your tackle box contains a suitable replacement, it will be automatically be moved to the rod when it gets to 100 damage at the end of the fishing action. The tackle box needs to be in inventory to work, and a consumed item will only be replaced by the same type of item (e.g. a feather float will only be replaced by another feather float; it will not be replaced with a moss float).
The auto-replacing will happen at the end of the Fish action. The auto-replacement depends on fishing skill, with each item type having a specific skill requirement:
- Bait will be auto-replaced at 10 skill
- Hook will be auto-replaced at 30 skill
- Float will be auto-replaced at 50 skill
- Line will be auto-replaced at 70 skill or at any skill if reel exists.
- Reel will be auto-replaced at 90 skill (does not apply to fishing poles as they don’t have reels).
When an item is consumed (i.e. it wears out), you will get a message at the end of the fish action.
In addition to rod fishing, this update includes spear fishing. This utilises the current spears already in game, with no functional difference (as far as fishing is concerned) between metal and long spears.
Fishing Rod Rack
The rod rack is a new container for storing fishing rods and poles when not in use. It operates in a similar fashion to a polearm rack, and has different models for empty and utilised states. Rod racks may be placed and secured.
Buoys can be used to mark fishing spots. They are floating items that are anchored to a particular item, and may be used to show special fishing spots, for example. Buoys use the same placement rules as sign posts, except they need to be placed on underwater tiles. They operate as light sources (similar to a street lamp), and may be dyed. If blessed will not use fuel, but do require fuel to be lit.
All water tiles are now categorised into 6 groups:
- Sea – open water
- Sea shallows – open water shallower than 25
- Lake – enclosed water, larger than a pond
- Lake shallows – enclosed water shallower than 25
- Pond – enclosed water, not big enough to be a lake
- Water – not big enough to be a pond
Note: Any water tiles underground, uses Lake or Pond (or Water)
Note: The calculation is performed on server start so modifying water sources will not change their type until the next restart.
Lake water is considered fresh, while sea water is considered brackish. Brackish water can be drunk and used for cooking as usual (with no ill effect), and can be boiled to make salt – 1 salt per kilogram of brackish water.
All fish now have a set of attributes which determine where and when they are more likely to be caught:
- Preferred water type (lake, sea, etc)
- Minimum and maximum depth.
- Feeding height.
- Rod types.
- Time of day – some fish like to feed in the morning, afternoon, evening or even at night
- Baits – each fish has a favorite bait, some baits it likes, others it is less likely to eat, and some it will never touch.
- Outside or in caves – some fish are only found underground
- Rare fish can only be caught on special tiles (which are out at sea).
Special tiles are an area where special (rare) fish may be caught. They will now move with the season, and have been recalculated (i.e. they will have moved on server restart). Non-special fish types may be caught on special tiles, but special fish can only be caught on special tiles, and a lesser chance if close to a center spot. These areas can overlap, so its possible to find places where two special fish can be caught.
Special tiles are only found in open water (i.e. sea). Finding and recognising tiles is unchanged, and uses a pendulum.
- Added lore action to rod/pole on boat, and rod/pole/spear/net on tile. Gives a little information on what might be found in areas.
Requires 50 Fine Carpentry skill to create and continue.
Coops contain multiple sub items inside.
- Nesting Box, This is where the loaded hens reside.
- Feeder, this is where you place food.
- Drinker, this is where you place water.
- Egg Box, this is where you get the eggs from when they are laid.
- Coops are lockable and spawn on creation with a 1ql small padlock.
- Coops have manageable perms, like any other lockable container.
- You can only load hens into the coop.
- To load a hen, one must first lead one, then right click the coop and click “load creature”.
- To be able to load the creature there must be water in the drinker and food in the feeder.
- You can only put food in the feeder that can be planted. Example: pumpkin seed, or corn.
- Loadable chicken count is QL / 10 + rarity (max 13 for 100ql fantastic).
- QL must be greater than or equal to 10 to load a chicken.
- Polling for the feeder and drinker happens every 4 hours at which time, creature count in food is subtracted from the feeder. E.g. if there are 4 hens loaded 4 food will be subtracted.
- Also 250 grams of water for each hen will be subtracted from the drinker.
- Eggs will be created every 12 hours.
- Eggs will have a small chance of being fertile.
- Egg ql is dictated by the ql of the coop.
- Egg count is equal to the count of the chickens.
- If either the feeder or the drinker is empty on egg poll the chickens will be unloaded on the center of the tile where the coop resides.
- You cannot load a coop with chickens in it.
- Chickens in a coop, on deed, count towards the ratio.
- You cannot bash a coop with chickens loaded.
- The egg box will only hold 100 eggs.
New: Tower influence chaining system on PvP servers:
An influence chain is any land that a kingdom has influence over that is fully connected (chained) back to a valid starting point for that influence. All kingdom capitals and starter deeds (for base kingdoms) are considered a chain start point, and any tower or deed in a kingdom must connect back to that start point via influence chaining.
In order for a tower or deed to be considered chained to a kingdom’s influence, it must have a continued chain of influence (from kingdom towers) back to a chain start point. Towers radiate an influence out to 60 tiles from their base, and deeded land has influence as well. Because of this, any new towers built must be built within a 100 tile range of another tower of the same kingdom (minimum range remains 50) in order to continue the chain.
In order to carry over the current state of towers on the servers at the moment, any tower within 120 range of another will still be considered chained, and allows for a valid spot between those two towers to build a new one to maintain the chain should one tower be destroyed after the update (and can no longer be rebuilt at 120 range).
There are a few penalties involved with this system to promote completing and holding chained influence:
- Any tower outside of chained influence will no longer respawn tower guards.
- Any deeds outside of chained influence will respawn spirit guard waves 3 times slower.
- Any deeds outside of chained influence will no longer have guards maintain fences, bridges, floors and walls – similar to when a deed has less than a month of upkeep remaining.
- Any deeds outside of chained influence will have on-deed mine doors take 3 times as much bashing damage.
Towers will no longer be able to be conquered to convert them to your kingdom. To remove a tower, you will have to bash/destroy it, then reconstruct a new one within your tower influence chain.
Bashing a tower will now spawn waves of guards when it reaches 30, 60, and 90 damage, and waves will become more challenging as the damage increases.
At 90 damage, the kingdom that owns the tower will get a message in the Deaths tab stating that the tower is under attack.When the tower is destroyed, there will be a global message to all kingdoms on the server that the tower has been destroyed.
Change: Major priest rework.
- Cleanse [33 faith, 26 favor] (Fo) – Targets tiles. Converts a 3×3 area of Mycelium or Mycelium trees back to normal grass or normal tree. Also works on dirt, converting dirt tiles to grass.
- Essence Drain [61 faith, 100 favor] (Libila) – Targets items. Enchant that serves as Libila’s version of Life Transfer. However, the healing done is only 1/3rd of what Fo’s Life Transfer grants. To counterbalance, Essence Drain also deals a wound at 10% of base damage as internal damage.
- Focused Will [31 faith, 10 favor] (Magranon) – Targets wounds. Heals 5% to 20% damage, based on cast power. Drains stamina from the caster equivalent to the amount healed. Amount of stamina drained is reduced by body stamina, similar to all other stamina drains. Can be cast on a creature and will automatically target their highest severity wound.
- Hypothermia [70 faith, 50 favor] (Vynora) – Targets creatures. Deals 10,000 base damage and 250 bonus damage per power. Cooldown of 60 seconds and range of 12.5 tiles. Cast time of 15 seconds. Shares a spell resistance with Inferno and Worm Brains.
- Inferno [65 faith, 40 favor] (Magranon) – Targets creatures. Deals 25,000 base damage and 75 bonus damage per power. Cooldown of 60 seconds and range of 12.5 tiles. Cast time of 20 seconds. Shares a spell resistance with Hypothermia and Worm Brains.
- Purge [45 faith, 35 favor] (All Gods & Demigods) – Targets creatures. Removes all beneficial spell effects from the target. Will not remove karma spell effects.
- Summon Soul [80 faith, 100 favor] (All Gods & Demigods) – Targets items, creatures, and tiles. Allows a priest to summon another player to their location. Disabled on PvP. Requires consent from the target to be summoned via a window that pops up.
Libila on Freedom
- Libila is now available as a deity on Freedom servers.
- The following Libila spells have been disabled on PvE Freedom servers:
- Corrupt (previously Fungus)
- Zombie Infestation
- Land of the Dead
- Rite of Death
- Warrior passive damage bonus has been decreased from 25% to 15%.
- Item protection on death passive has been adjusted. Base chance to save items has been reduced from 50% to 35%. Resurrection stones will override this passive and apply it’s 50% chance instead if used. Messaging when slain with this passive and a resurrection stone equipped has been improved.
- Base gods now have extra combat passives at 70 faith. These do not apply to demigods, even if the demigod shares a template.
- Fo: +1 offensive and defensive CR while fighting on grass, dirt, tundra, fields, or trees.
- Magranon & Libila: +2 offensive CR. No conditions.
- Vynora: +2 defensive CR while fighting on pavement or at sea (boat/swimming)
- Base deities have had passives adjusted:
- Stamina bonus now applies on tundra as well as other natural terrain.
- No longer has the passive granting double favor for sacrificing pottery items.
- New Passive – Favor Regenerator. Natural favor regeneration is increased by 10% for Libila priests with 35 faith.
- New Passive – Befriend Monster. Monsters are no longer aggressive towards Libila priests with 60 faith and 30 favor. This does not apply to all hostile creatures, as some are not considered monsters (like bears). This also excludes rift monsters and legendary creatures.
- Now has death protector, granting a 75% chance to reduce skill penalties from death by 50%. Requires 60 faith and 30 favor.
- Now has the passive granting double favor for sacrificing pottery items.
- The following restrictions have been lifted from priests:
- Create structures and fences
- Continuing structures, fences, and items
- Repairing structures
- Alchemy (including healing covers)
- Bashing structures and fences (includes structure roof & floors)
- Fo and his template demigods have had the following priest restrictions lifted:
- Libila and her template demigods have had the following priest restrictions lifted:
- War machine operation
- Magranon and his template demigods have had the following priest restrictions lifted:
- Vynora and her template demigods have had the following priest restrictions lifted:
- Leveling (including border)
Demise & Protection Rework
Non-Religious Demises (Animal, Dragon, Human, Selfhealer)
- Animal’s Demise – Now named “Animal Demise” and grants a 3% damage bonus against non-legendary animals (cats, bears, lions, etc). No longer grants a hit chance increase or crit bonus.
- Human’s Demise – Now named “Human Demise” and grants a 3% damage bonus towards players and humans (including guards). No longer grants a hit chance increase or crit bonus.
- Dragon’s Demise – Now named “Legendary Demise” and grants a 3% damage bonus against legendary creatures (uniques). No longer grants a hit chance increase or crit bonus.
- Selfhealer’s Demise – Now named “Monster Demise” and grants a 3% damage bonus against non-legendary monsters (trolls, goblins, etc). No longer grants a hit chance increase or crit bonus.
Religious Demises & Protection
- All of these demise and protection enchants have been removed from existing items. They will no longer apply to weapons and armour. These spells instead been reworked into the following spells to enchant jewelry.
- All of these spells conflict with each other and Nolocate, meaning you can only have one of these enchants on a single piece of jewelry at a time.
- Stacking two or more of an identical enchant across multiple slots results in a penalty to each one. This penalty is 33% reduced effectiveness for two identical enchants and 50% reduced effectiveness for three identical enchants.
- Offensive Jewelry Enchants
- Blaze (Magranon) – Grants a 2.5% to 5% increase to fire damage dealt while worn.
- Corrosion (Libila) – Grants a 2.5% to 5% increase to acid damage dealt while worn.
- Glacial (Vynora) – Grants a 2.5% to 5% increase to frost damage dealt while worn.
- Toxin (Fo) – Grants a 2.5% to 5% increase to poison damage dealt while worn.
- Defensive Jewelry Enchants
- Acid Protection (Fo) – Grants a 2.5% to 7.5% reduction to acid damage dealt while worn.
- Fire Protection (Vynora) – Grants a 2.5% to 7.5% reduction to fire damage while worn.
- Frost Protection (Magranon) – Grants a 2.5% to 7.5% reduction to frost damage while worn.
- Poison Protection (Libila) – Grants a 2.5% to 7.5% reduction to poison damage while worn.
- Prayers and sermons now grant favor to the template deity instead of having a new pool for every demigod.
- Rites now function off of template god favor pool when cast by a demigod.
- Rites no longer require a specific amount of players in local to cast, and their deity favor cost is no longer dependant on the amount of players on the server.
- All Rites now create a 24 hour window for players to claim the reward. Upon casting, any player of the same template deity as the caster can pray at any altar or applicable location (for example, Magranon can pray on rock) to obtain the bonus.
- All Rites now grant up to 5 hours of sleep bonus and 0.2% towards 100 of a certain characteristic.
- Rite of Spring – Now grants 0.2% Mind Logic towards 100 instead of a flat 0.1 increase. Still grants 5 hours of sleep bonus. Now doubles all boat speed on the server it’s casted on for 24 hours.
- Ritual of the Sun – Now grants 0.2% Body Stamina towards 100 and 5 hours of sleep bonus. Now heals all structure walls and fences within Magranon & his demigod faith zones.
- Holy Crop – Now grants 0.2% Soul Depth towards 100 and 5 hours of sleep bonus. Now performs a Genesis cast on all applicable creatures within the domain of Fo and all template demigods.
- Rite of Death – Now grants 0.2% Soul Strength towards 100 and 5 hours of sleep bonus.
- Rite of Death is now able to be cast on Freedom servers but is a laundered version of the PvP ritual spell.
- Rite of Death on Freedom servers will not create mycelium and will not cause head wounds, but will give the sleep bonus and skill bonus.
- Healing spells now work off a global healing resistance debuff. This debuff is applied based on how much health is healed on the target, and will reduce all further healing on the target from any of the listed healing sources based on how much time remains on the debuff. The maximum time is about 20 minutes, and the reduction scales linearly from that mark. For example, if you have 10 minutes on your healing resistance, you’ll receive heals at 50% effectiveness.
- Cure Light – Now heals 15% + up to 5% more based on cast power. Previously healed 15%. Target of the cast now gets an on screen message stating that their wound was healed. Range increased from 1 tile to 3 tiles. Can now be cast on a creature and will automatically target their highest severity wound.
- Cure Medium – Now heals 30% + up to 10% more based on cast power. Previously healed 30%. Target of the cast now gets an on screen message stating that their wound was healed. Now deals more damage to undead. Range increased from 1 tile to 3 tiles. Can now be cast on a creature and will automatically target their highest severity wound.
- Cure Serious – No longer heals a wound fully. Instead, heals a wound for up to 90% + up to 30% more based on cast power. Target of the cast now gets an on screen message stating their wound was healed. Now deals more damage to undead. Range increased from 1 tile to 3 tiles. Can now be cast on a creature and will automatically target their highest severity wound.
- Heal – Now heals 40% to 200% based on cast power. Previously healed 30% to 150%. Target of the cast now gets an on screen message stating they were healed. Range increased from 1 tile to 3 tiles.
- Life Transfer – Amount healed remains the same, but no longer heals wounds at random and instead prioritizes high damage wounds. Also bypasses the minimum damage threshold for healing, and will always apply some amount of healing as long as damage is dealt with the attack. Now works off the global healing resistance.
- Light of Fo – Completely different operation. No longer heals wounds at random and instead prioritizes high damage wounds. Still limited to 5 wounds. Cast power heavily impacts the severity of wounds that are able to be healed. Cast time increased from 10 seconds to 15 seconds.
- Scorn of Libila – Completely different operation. No longer heals wounds at random and instead prioritizes high damage wounds. Wounds healed limit increased from 2 to 3 per target. Now heals at minimum 3 wounds even if no damage is dealt. Each target that is dealt damage now allows up to 3 additional wounds to be healed, increased from the previous 1. Difficulty reduced from 60 to 50. Area of effect adjusted to 7×7 – 11×11 based on cast power.
Many offensive spells in the game now also have their own resistances. These function identically to the healing resistance above, but have much lower maximum durations for their resistance values.
Drain Health – Resistance applies to both the offensive and defensive portions of the spell. For example, using this to heal will give you a resistance to Drain Health, which not only reduces healing received from consecutive casts, but also reduces damage taken from others attempting to Drain Health you. Resistance is capped to 5 minutes.
- Fireheart – Resistance capped to 2.5 minutes. with 1.5 seconds resist per power [Shared with Shard of Ice and Rotting Gut]
- Fire Pillar – Resistance capped to 3 minutes.
- Fungus Trap – Resistance capped to 3 minutes.
- Hypothermia – Resistance capped to 5 minutes [Shared with Inferno and Worm Brains].
- Ice Pillar – Resistance capped to 3 minutes.
- Inferno – Resistance capped to 5 minutes [Shared with Hypothermia and Worm Brains].
- Pain Rain – Resistance capped to 4 minutes.
- Rotting Gut – Resistance capped to 2.5 minutes with 1.5 seconds resist per power [Shared with Fireheart and Shard of Ice].
- Scorn of Libila – Resistance capped to 5 minutes. Applies to damage portion only. Healing is affected by global Healing Resistance.
- Shard of Ice – Resistance capped to 2.5 minutes with 1.5 seconds resist per power [Shared with Fireheart and Rotting Gut].
- Smite – Resistance capped to 5 minutes.
- Tentacles – Resistance capped to 3 minutes.
- Tornado – Resistance capped to 3 minutes.
- Worm Brains – Resistance capped to 5 minutes [Shared with Hypothermia and Inferno].
- Locate Soul – Now has a 2 minute cooldown. Utilizes Locate Resistance.
- Nolocate – No longer able to be cast on creatures/players. Utilizes Locate Resistance.
- Lurker in the Dark – Now has a maximum radius of 100 tiles. This is reduced by up to 50 tiles based on the highest equipped Nolocate jewelry of a player. This is reduced again to 25 tiles when it’s a stealthed player.
- When located successfully by another player, you obtain “Locate Resistance” with a duration based on the highest Nolocate power jewelry you have equipped. This resistance prevents you from being located by any player until it expires. At 100 nolocate, this duration is 5 minutes. Being located by other players in your kingdom will not apply a cooldown, even if you have Nolocate.
- If the casted locate spell does not beat your nolocate (the power is lower than your jewelry), the Locate Resistance is not applied and the locate spell fails. The locate spell will still receive a cooldown.
- The messaging is identical whether you resist a locate due to having a higher nolocate power or have Locate Resistance. This means players cannot know for certain whether you are resistant or whether their specific cast did not defeat the threshold required.
Specific Spell Changes
- Aura of Shared Pain – Removed from Magranon. Added to Libila.
- Bearpaws – Damage bonus for players has been increased significantly. The new damage bonus is roughly triple the previous values of Bearpaws. Bonus damage for non-players remains the same.
- Bless – Followers of Libila no longer need to Bless a creature in order to tame it. They can still bless a creature to prevent a white-lighter from taming it.
- Bloodthirst – Epic changes to Bloodthirst now apply to all servers. Now deals up to 33% increased damage at 10k instead of modifying base damage. Additionally, Bloodthirst now has a power / 100,000 chance to inflict an infection wound on the target (10% at 10,000 Bloodthirst). This infection wound will ignore enemy glance rate. Infection wounds now heal or worsen every minute, and will rapidly worsen. Bandaging or treating the infection wound will stop the worsening effect, but it will still tick every minute.
- Break Altar – Now costs 20 favor to cast on normal altars. Remains 80 favor to cast against WL/BL.
- Charm Animal – No longer able to be interrupted by taking damage during combat.
- Cure Light/Medium/Serious – See Healing Rework above.
- Dark Messenger – Mailboxes enchanted with Dark Messenger can now be used by all players, including those in white light kingdoms (including PvE freedom servers).
- Dispel – Now has a difficulty increase based on distance. Does not apply to item dispels. Now partially dispels effects on creature targets based on cast power. The dispel resistance is no longer a pass/fail mechanic and now reduces the power of dispel casts on a target with resistance. Dispel resistance has been translated to the new resist system.
- Dominate – Power of the cast now uses Channeling as the primary skill check, with Soul Strength added as a bonus. This is the reverse of previous functionality. It should be easier to dominate creatures if your Channeling is higher than your Soul Strength after this change. No longer able to be interrupted by taking damage during combat.
- Drain Health – No longer heals a set amount when cast. Instead, it now heals for double the amount of damage dealt. Uses new spell resistance (see above).
- Drain Stamina – Cast time reduced from 10 seconds to 9 seconds. Range increased from 1.5 tiles to 3 tiles.
- Excel – Favor cost reduced from 40 to 20.
- Fire Heart – Damage reduced from 10,000 to 9,000 base damage and down from 100 to 80 damage per power. Cast time increased from 5 seconds to 7 seconds. Damage now ignores armour. Uses new spell resistance (see above).
- Fire Pillar – Deals wounds 10 times faster for 1/10th damage. Damage per power reduced from 3.0 to 2.75. Damage now ignores armour. Now displays an on-screen message for nearby players when being cast and finished casting. Uses new spell resistance (see above).
- Flaming Aura – Now bypasses the minimum damage threshold and will always apply a wound, regardless of the target’s armour.
- Forest Giant Strength – No longer limited to having below 40 body strength. Instead, it now applies a temporary “curve” to Body Strength based on cast power.
- Fungus – Renamed to “Corrupt”.
- Fungus Trap – Deals wounds 10 times faster for 1/10th damage. Base damage increased from 250 to 350. Damage per power reduced from 2.5 to 2.0. Damage now ignores armour. Now displays an on-screen message for nearby players when being cast and finished casting. Uses new spell resistance (see above).
- Frantic Charge – No longer grants bonus movement speed (to mounts or otherwise). Duration multiplied by 20 to match other buffs like Excel, Oakshell, and Truehit.
- Frostbrand – Now bypasses the minimum damage threshold and will always apply a wound, regardless of the target’s armour.
- Genesis – No longer instantly kills undead, and instead inflicts a heavy internal wound between 50% and 125% health based on power. Damage ignores armour, but does not ignore other DR factors such as body strength and similar.
- Heal – See Healing Rework above.
- Hell Strength – No longer limited to below 40 strength. Now applies a temporary “curve” to Body Strength and Soul Strength based on cast power. Both stats are modified at roughly half value of Forest Giant Strength’s effect.
- Humid Drizzle – Cooldown reduced from 15 minutes to 30 seconds. Cast time reduced from 40 seconds to 30 seconds. Creatures now gain a 15 minute resistance to Humid Drizzle when affected. They will not be able to be affected by another Humid Drizzle until the resistance expires.
- Ice Pillar – Deals wounds 10 times faster for 1/10th damage. Base damage decreased from 250 to 150. Damage per power increased from 2.5 to 4.0. Damage now ignores armour. Now displays an on-screen message for nearby players when being cast and finished casting. Uses new spell resistance (see above).
- Mend – Quality reduction is now based on how much damage was repaired. For example, mending an item with 7 damage will only reduce quality by 0.7. Maximum amount of damage mended per cast remains 20.
- Mole Senses – Now performs an “analyse” on the rocks below the surface when cast. This will display ore types detected in the caves below, with the radius and types of ore discovered based on cast power.
- Nimbleness – Favor cost reduced from 80 to 60.
- Land of the Dead – Amount of corpses raised is now limited to cast power.
- Life Transfer – Favor cost reduced from 120 to 100. Healing uses the new healing resistance (see above).
- Light of Fo – See Healing Rework above. Now displays an on-screen message for nearby players when being cast and finished casting.
- Locate Artifact – Now available on all deities, including Fo and player demigods.
- Lurker in the Woods – Now able to locate unique creatures as well as champions.
- Mass Stamina – Cast time reduced from 20 seconds to 15 seconds.
- Mind Stealer – Favor cost reduced from 120 to 100.
- Oakshell – Maximum damage reduction decreased from 80% to 70%. Maximum glance rate decreased from 40% to 33.3%. Can now only be cast on players on PvP servers. Oakshell now reduces mounted movement speed across all servers instead of just Epic. This movement speed penalty has been fixed to apply to hitched creatures as well. Now applies over cloth and leaver if active.
- Pain Rain – Base damage increased from 4,000 to 6,000. Area of effect changed to 5×5 – 9×9 based on cast power. Uses new damage resistance (see above).
- Phantasms – Reworked into essentially a new spell.
- On players: Now applies a debuff that causes the outlines of enemies and allies to swap randomly every few seconds.
- On non-players: Now causes the target to attack a nearby unit that is hostile to the caster. For example, with two trolls attacking you, casting on one of the trolls will cause it to attack the other.
- Rebirth – Creatures resurrected using Rebirth can no longer be equipped with gear, unless it is valid equipment (such as saddles, horse shoes, etc. on a zombie horse). This removes the ability to equip zombie trolls with weapons and armour.
- Refresh – Cast time reduced from 15 seconds to 9 seconds. Range increased from 1 tile to 3 tiles.
- Rotting Gut – Base damage increased from 5,000 to 8,000. Damage per power increased from 50 to 120. Cast time reduced from 10 seconds to 7 seconds. Damage type changed from Infection to Acid. Uses new spell resistances (see above).
- Scorn of Libila – See Healing Rework above. Uses new damage resistance (see above).
- Shard of Ice – Base damage decreased from 10,000 to 5,000. Damage per power increased from 100 to 150. Damage now ignores armour.
- Smite – Damage now scales from 50% to 100% of previous value based on cast power. Range increased from 1.5 tiles to 3 tiles.
- Sunder – Now deals up to 20 damage based on cast power, instead of always 20 damage. Higher quality items take reduced damage. Higher damaged items take reduced damage. Heavy weight objects take significantly reduced damage, though any item 5kg or under will take the full damage. Can now be cast on any item that can be bashed (including forges & ovens). Normal permissions for bashing apply, including on PvP servers (guards must be dead etc.)
- Tangleweave – Reworked into essentially a new spell.
- Tangleweave now has a 3 second cast time and costs 15 favor. When cast, Tanglewave will interrupt the target’s spell cast, and apply the increased spell cast timer debuff for a short duration. Can now be cast in combat.
- Tentacles – Deals wounds 10 times faster for 1/10th damage. Base damage increased to 400 from 250. Damage per power decreased from 2.5 to 1.0. Damage now ignores armour. Now displays an on-screen message for nearby players when being cast and finished casting. Uses new spell resistance (see above).
- Tornado – Now able to be cast while in combat. Base damage reduced from 5,000 to 4,000. Damage per power increased from 50 to 80. Damage now ignores armour. Area of effect changed to 5×5 – 9×9 based on cast power. Uses new spell resistances (see above).
- Venom – Favor cost reduced from 120 to 100. Damage conversion now occurs before glance calculations. Still deals poison wounds, but those poison wounds do not inflict poison status (that causes the instant kill). The 20% damage penalty has now been scaled based on cast power, with 100 power completely cancelling out the damage penalty altogether.
- Vessel – Faith requirement reduced from 38 to 31.
- Web Armour – Added to Magranon.
- Worm Brains – Damage now 120 per power. Reworked into “heavy damage” spell group.
- Faith requirement increased from 35 to 51. Favor cost increased from 30 to 40. Base damage increased from 5,000 to 17,500. Damage per power increased from 50 to 140. Cooldown increased from 30 seconds to 60 seconds. Uses new spell resistance (see above).
- Wrath of Magranon – Reworked into an area damage spell.
- Now deals damage to enemy structures in a 3×3 area. It also inflicts crushing wounds to all creatures within the area.
- Demigods now have a “template” deity that their religion is based on, selected from the four base gods.
- These templates affect the affinities that each demigod provides. For example, demigods with Vynora as their template will be able to pray on water and get double favor from sacrificing pottery. Any demigod following a different template is unable to obtain these affinities.
- Priests can now link with any priest of the same template. For example, this means that any Libila priest can link with any other blacklight demigod.
- Demigod passives have been rerolled with the exception of the template passives (listed above).
- Passives are now more likely to align with the template deity, but some will be outliers to create interesting combinations.
- Demigod spells have been completely rerolled using a new system to distribute the spells.
- The new system uses the affinities of the demigod to determine what type of spells they should obtain, as well as avoiding overpowered or useless combinations that render a god too strong or too weak.
- Updated information regarding their current passives and spell lists can be found in this spreadsheet on the second sheet (Deity Information).
Miscellaneous & Messaging
- Spell List Improvements – The Spell List window has been completely overhauled and has many new features to offer.
- Larger Window – The window that displays is now larger. This should prevent having to resize the window in order to see all the passives and spells available to you.
- Passives Display – Now shows how strong your connection to your deity is (based on your faith level). This is then followed by the passives the deity is currently granting you.
- Spells Sorted – Spells have now been placed into a sortable table. You can now sort spells by faith requirement, favor, name, or description. Targets are also available, but not exceptionally functional.
- Updated Descriptions – All spells now have new descriptions which should more accurately represent how they function.
- Existing players with deities can have a one time transfer by using /transfer. There is currently no planned date for this window to end, any planned date will be announced in advance.
- Certain spells now target specific item types instead of any item. Attempting to target any other item than a valid target will result in an error.
- Armour – Aura of Shared Pain, Web Armour
- Weapon – Bloodthirst, Animal Demise, Human Demise, Legendary Demise, Monster Demise, Essence Drain, Flaming Aura, Frostbrand, Life Transfer, Mind Stealer, Nimbleness, Rotting Touch, Venom
- Jewelry – Blaze, Corrosion, Glacial, Nolocate, Toxin, Acid Protection, Fire Protection, Frost Protection, Poison Protection
- Pendulum – Lurker in the Dark, Lurker in the Deep, Lurker in the Woods.
- Attempting to enchant an item that has a conflicting enchant now shows which enchant is blocking the cast.
- The longsword is already enchanted with something that would negate the effect.
- The longsword is already enchanted with Blessings of the Dark, which would negate the effect of Wind of Ages.
- Effect descriptions for many enchants have been updated to better reflect their function.
- Many additional objects are now able to be enchanted and mended, specifically containers such as pottery.
- Examine messages for enchants now have color. These colors can be edited in your client settings under the Text tab.
- Natural favor regeneration has been improved. It now regenerates every 5 seconds instead of every 10 seconds, and also replenishes more per regeneration tick.
- Certain potions from bloods and similar now have an effect:
- Salve of Frost – Converts damage from a weapon to frost.
- Salve of Fire – Converts damage from a weapon to fire.
- Potion of Acid – Converts damage from a weapon to acid.
- Damage from all spells, including karma spells, now uses Soul Strength in damage reduction calculations instead of Body Strength.
- Damage dealt to non-players is now modified heavily. Targets can take anywhere from 4x to 0x damage based on their armour and Soul Strength.
- Maximum cast power for champions on home servers has been increased from 30 to 50.
- Tile spells now use multicolor line messaging for casting, similar to creature casts.
- Creature enchant spells will no longer give “would never help the infidel” errors when attempting to cast on an allied player following a deity that doesn’t agree with yours. Instead, this error now only occurs when attempting to cast on enemy players.
- Casting a combat spell such as Fireheart, Drain Health, and similar on an enemy will now display an on-screen message for both the caster and target when the cast begins and finishes.
- Pillar spells (Fire Pillar, Fungus Trap, Ice Pillar, and Tentacles) no longer display a combat message when they deal damage.
- Creatures will now display their spell effects on examine. This is limited to same kingdom, allied, or neutral targets only.
- A new tutorial system has been added. The system can be run from anywhere by existing players by typing /tutorial.
- The journal system is designed to guide players from their first steps in Wurm to more advanced steps.
- Completing 50% of a tiers goals will unlock the next tier.
- Completing 100% of a tiers goals will give the player a small reward.
- This update includes tiers 1-7 as well as a tab for tutorials.
- As this system replaces the personal goal system, we will be phasing that system out. The deadline is 1 month after the launch of the update.
- New: Added title for 100 Restoration.
- Change: We’ve taken the time to review how climbing works, and have adjusted stamina drain to be tied closer to skill, with up to 2x less stamina drain near 100 skill (Non linear).
- If the climber has goat shape it will not stack, instead preferring to use the goat shape bonus over climbing skill.
- Tick size has been adjusted, and difficulty is based on slope of the tile.
- Change: Unicorn passengers must be same kingdom as dominator.
- Change: Build missions that require paved surfaces can now be build on any road type tile
- Change: Cloth clothing has had a few items added and a few others changed. See list below:
- A new White Cloth Hood has been added.
- The version which was known as Cloth Hood previously is now created as Blue Cloth Hood.
- Legacy versions are still called Cloth Hood but can no longer be created as such.
- White Cloth Sleeves have been added.
- Legacy Cloth Sleeves are now created as Red Striped Cloth Sleeves using white cloth sleeves and cochineal.
- Plain White Cloth Sleeves are used to make Red Cloth Sleeves.
- Both White Cloth Sleeves and Plain White Cloth Sleeves can be dyed.
- White Cloth Jacket has been added.
- Legacy Cloth Jacket is now created as Red Cloth Jacket.
- Legacy versions are still called Cloth Jacket but can no longer be created as such.
- New: Hell Horses and Unicorns will now give birth to foals, similar to horses.
- Change: You can no longer see your % chance to pick a door or fence gate if you’re greater than one tile away.
- Change: Dirt in inventory can now be discarded the same way as logs and shards.
- Change: You can now plant / secure the Puzzle King’s crystal ball.
- Change: Glimmersteel runes of Fo, Magranon, and Jackal as well as the Silver rune of Fo have been changed from 10%, 5%, 5%, and 5% increase to skill bonus respectively to 10% and 5% of the difference between your current skill and 100 as a direct bonuses to effective skill when determining action success.
- Note: This does not mean items and resources are created at a higher than your skill cap, but will improve success chances for that action.
- TL;DR : Glimmersteel Fo/Jackal runes will now increase skill calculations for success chances.
- Change: The quality reduction upon smelting has been scaled down and adjusted:
- Smelted lump is capped by pot ql.
- Items that cannot be improved and are not capped by the 20% of total skill when created will now receive a ql penalty when smelted
- -7.5% to -2.5% for common metals,
- -12.5% to -7.5% for moon metals and alloys.
- Items that can be improved will no longer receive the penalty when smelted.
- New: Shoulder pads are now dyeable.
- Change: Metallic shoulder pads are now able to spawn from rifts as any metal type at a low chance.
- Change: The Tin Rune of Jackal now correctly uses the spell version of Refresh and cannot be used while moving.
- New: New horse colors added.
- New: You are now able to light furnaces if you are lacking a steel and flint with a kindling and a hot burnable item, both of which will be consumed.
- If you happened to throw away or lose your steel and flint, you can now use hot burning items (wooden tools, wooden scraps, logs, cotton, cloth) along with a kindling to light a forge or oven.
- Note that the item must be ‘burning’ and will be consumed when lighting the furnace.
- Reminder: You can create a campfire using just a wood scrap and a kindling in order to get your burning wood or cloth items hot enough to light the furnace
- New: Added title for 100 pickaxe.
- New: Hens and Roosters can now be white, black or brown.
- New: Added Statue of Tich – can be crafted with marble shards. Metal versions are available through archaeology.
- Change: Show death reason on corpse description for Cared For creatures.
- Change: You should no longer waste a full sap harvest if your bucket is full upon beginning the action.
- New: 100 Forestry title added
- New: Priests of demigods can now create and continue their template god colossus.
- Change: Adamantine runes of Jackal will now determine the color upon rune creation and show the rgb value in the rune examine message.
- Change: Priests can now remove mine doors with a crowbar.
- Change: Priests can now place mine doors.
- Change: Wand of the Seas and Rod of Eruption usage instructions have been improved.
- Change: Frantic Charge now grants up to 10% faster swing speed based on power.
- Change: Find on Wurmpedia right click will now open Wurmpedia in an external browser window.
- Change: Merchants can now be placed in stalls under bridges.
- Change: Completed or failed missions will no longer appear on your mission list if older than 3 months.
- Twitter character limits have been increased.
- CA Help messages are now logged on the server.
- A BML builder class has been added.
- Change: Certain creatures can now be sacrificed outside missions:
- Black Bear
- Brown Bear
- Black Wolf
- Wild Cat
- Cave Bug
- Hell Hound
- Hell Scorpius
- Lava Spider
- Mountain Lion
- Large Rat
Upon further investigation of causes of lag we have identified the GMTOOL being the culprit of some rather long lag spikes. We have taken steps towards addressing the spikes but be aware that searching for an offline player using GMTOOL can cause spikes.
- GMs should no longer become visible when changing kingdoms, meditation path and faith.
- Get info on tile now distiguishes perimeter and village tiles.
- Added logging for the Disintegrate spell.
- Fish was removed from the GM summon menu since they were a temp creature with no physical interaction.
- GM renamed bulk items will return to their proper template name when put into a bulk container instead of renaming everything to the custom name.
- Added #online command to check if a player is online, what server they are on, and if off line how long they have been off line for in real time. Usage is #online playername
- Added new ArchGM+ command:
- #reloadItems <wurmId> – checks for all subitems of the given itemId and forces them back into that item.
- To be used to reload boats with deleted inventories upon crossing server
- Using #changemodel will no longer make you visible when using or wearing off.
- changemodel will now inform a person of equal or higher power of the attempt and what model.
- changemodel will accept full model names as well (i.e.: model.creature.gmdark)
- When changing models, you will no longer pop visible.
- When the illusion effect wears off, you will no longer pop visible.
- GM Bugfix: Mine doors no longer show opening if the watcher cannot see the player opening the door.
- Demigod+ can collapse a tile with the wand without having to create a shaker orb first.
- Adjusted the Get Info command on tiles to be more readable, and add extra functionality.
- Demigod+ can now destroy pavement on bridges and prepare bridge tiles for paving with the wand.
- Added focus zones which will auto replenish dirt, ore and trees.
- Added GM spawned leather drinking boot.
- GM Get Info has been improved to clarify info and give additional info.
- GM: Get info on tile now distinguishes perimeter and village tiles.
- Modern renderer only: major performance improvements
- Reduced stutter during structure loading
- Place outline will now show correctly for all objects (rafts, kilns)
- New: New water visuals have been added.
- New water visuals require the Renderer option to be set to Modern.
- New: Resolution scale (supersampling) option has been added to the Postprocess settings.
- Essentially rendering the game at a given multiplier of the resolution, very demanding on the GPU, eliminates jagged edges and adds additional detail.
- Change: Updated quickbar with more icons
- Change: Swimming sounds no longer play when you are not swimming.
- Change: Wiki search bar now opens default browser instead of ingame browser.
- Change: Player texture rendering improvements.
- Change: General performance improvements.
- New: Added a setting under the text tab to enable/disable multicolored event/combat text.
- New: Quick keybinding – you can now create a key bind by holding a key while mouse hovering a right-click menu option.
- New: Added optional head bob during animations.
- This can be disabled in the Graphics tab of the Settings, under ‘Enable Head Bob’.
- New: Revamped the animations with smoother blending.
- New: Display fruit on harvestable trees and bushes.
- Bugfix: Fixed glitchy door, gate and mine door animations.
- Bugfix: Fixed player animations snaps and glitches.
- Bugfix: Fixed incorrect torch lamp flame size.
- Fixed textures for support beams, statuettes, darts and tool belts.
- Added normal and specular maps to rocksalt vein, fixes exaggerated shininess.
- Tentacles spell now has graphics and animation.
- Huge bells and large bell resonators now properly show all metal types, bell tower shows wood types
- Stone house oriels will display ivy again
- Fixed glimmersteel and adamantine plate upper arm textures
- Updated Wurm University pmk textures
- Bugfix: Animations of actions starting on floors will no longer use the building animation.
- Fixed winter texture for all ages of bushes.
- Fixed the issue of some trees and bushes not being visible in certain seasons with the setting of pretty trees turned off.
- Infected and enchanted trees should no longer show fruit.
- Added normal and specular maps to weapons, shields, most tools, transports and a variety of other metal items
- Bugfix: Rose seedlings have been removed from the mission item list.
- Bugfix: Various text, spelling and grammar fixes.
- Bugfix: The ‘Take Portion’ option should only display when a cooking utensil knife is activated.
- Bugfix: Crafted lunchboxes will once again be tin instead of lead.
- Bugfix: Added second title to the /title command output.
- Bugfix: Lock type will be checked when replacing locks on vehicles and items.
- Bugfix: War Machines will no longer decrease village / player rep if the creature hit is the one firing.
- Bugfix: You can no longer use your body parts, inventory, or an inventory group to desecrate an altar.
- Bugfix: Creature cages can now be turned.
- Bugfix: Locate Soul no longer takes power off the item when located from outside the max distance.
- Bugfix: Runes when used on one’s self or another creature will now properly broadcast the action to other players.
- Bugfix: Fixed a few more mission descriptions with items which were too generic.
- Bugfix: Recipe list now correctly list lunchbox, tin instead of lunchbox, lead.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue with the improper triggering of the Kill a wild sly creature achievement.
- Bugfix: Potion of butchery imbue now works properly when butchering a corpse.
- Bugfix: Fixed watcher text when someone unloads a creature from a cage.
- Bugfix: Champions can now gain faith titles.
- Bugfix: Removed second rename option from archaeology reports.
- Bugfix: Statue fragments should now identify as statues instead of containers.
- Bugfix: You can no longer crush, pick seeds or plant processed vegetables.
- Bugfix: Branded, cared for, geared, hitched, bred animals should no longer die for overcrowding on server startup.
- Bugfix: Bury all with grave stones will now destroy all items on the corpse.
- Bugfix: Wagoner container removed from mission item list.
- Bugfix: More text and grammar fixes.
- Bugfix: KOS players on pve servers are no longer considered enemies.
- Bugfix: Hatchet head model fixed.
- Bugfix: Fixed a few spelling and text errors.
- Bugfix: Cared for horse corpse should now be the same color as was the horse.
- Bugfix: Issues with the hover text for players fixed as noted:
- Village role text is now properly capitalized.
- Health statues is now on the first line with player name instead of on the second with village role.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue which caused some merchant returned items to be broken apart by the mail spirits.
- Bugfix: Animals should no longer leave a duplicate corpse if they die after crossing to a new server.
- Bugfix: Avengers of Light have been removed from the mission list.
- Bugfix: Damage under 1.0 is now shown on items in the mail for 2 decimal places.
- Bugfix: Items inside containers in a trash heap will be destroyed before the container preventing heap overflow. Only 100 items will be destroyed at a time.
- Bugfix: You can now create and continue outside only items under a bridge.
- Bugfix: Items inside equipped saddle sacks and saddle bags will now take damage similar to items in other containers on a deed.
- Bugfix: Fix to prevent custom named lit items to lose their custom name when carried across servers.
- Bugfix: Arrows now count as weapons when casting enchants.
- Bugfix: Mail cost for items with internal non removable compartments adjusted.
- Bugfix: You can no longer cast dirt on items which are not really containers but can have things placed on them.
- Bugfix: You can no longer take a bite out of a fish and put it back into the fsb which lead to never ending fish.
- Bugfix: Chopping wood in your inventory now ignores the amount of items in a pile on the ground.
- Bugfix: Keybinds for push (and other moving actions) should perform at the same distance as would the context menu for those actions.
- Bugfix: You can no longer throw empty container slots.
- Bugfix: Empty saddles can now be banked again.
- Bugfix: Fresh herbs properly lose their ‘fresh’ state when put into crates.
- Bugfix: Fixed a caged animal issue which sometimes prevented server crossings.
- Bugfix: Champions will now properly get 80 actual channelling instead of effective.
- Bugfix: Deny all permission on branded horses will now override deed permissions.
- Bugfix: Examine info for small and large nails has been changed to metal instead of iron since nails can be other metals now.
- Bugfix: Bashing Walls/Fences/Fence Plans/Mine Doors now requires you to stand still during the action, moving will now cancel the action.
- Bugfix: Dead players will no longer receive loot from uniques.
- Bugfix: Fixed the issue where small animated items could be barely seen when using the place option.
- Bugfix: Fruit graphics have been removed from enchanted and infected trees as they cannot be harvested.
- Bugfix: Fixed animations glitching back and forward during walking
- Bugfix: After a year of vacation, birds have found their way back onto the skies of Wurm
- Bugfix: Reworded the mouseover for Chop Down Some Trees journal entry to make it more clear that the action must result in a felled tree.
- Bugfix: Fixed a number of movement issues.
- Bugfix: Changed the calculation method for the antigank CR bonus to smooth out the number and prevent it from jumping around so much.
- Bugfix: The tutorial will no longer reference Wurm Online rules.
- Bugfix: Water calculations will correctly run at server start.
- Bugfix: Fixed issue on affinity gain system not correctly working in WU.
- Bugfix: Horse statues will no longer appear in treasure chests.