New fences and parapets are now available
- The following fence types can now be built in Slate, Sandstone, Marble, Pottery brick, Rounded stone, and rendered.
- Tall Stone Wall
- High Iron Fence
- High Iron Fence Gate
- Stone Parapet
- Chain Fence
- Crate rack for storing large and small crates.
- The crate rack can hold 30 large crates or 51 small crates’
Creature movement changes
- Creatures will now avoid water and fences sooner (Enabled on Celebration only at this time).
New highway system
- The new highway system has been enabled on PvE servers.
- Paved highways of 2 or 3 tiles can be protected by the use of catseyes and waystones
- Protected paved tiles cannot be destroyed, but can be terraformed with a limit of 20 slope (28 diagonally).
Catseyes and waystones
- Blind catseyes are created with rock shards and a stone chisel, and then turned into catseyes with the addition of an eye.
- Waystones are made with a chisel on a rock shard, and completed with a compass and a shaft.
- Paved tiles that are two or three tiles wide can be protected by placing catseyes or waystones on adjacent tile corners.
- A catseye may only connect to 2 catseyes or waystones and must be connected to one to allow planting.
- Waystones will create junctions for multiple highway routes to connect and will require being connected to at least one catseye to allow planting off deed. Note: On deed a waystone may be planted without any connections.
- Possible protected tiles and links can be viewed before planting a catseye or waystone by activating the item and right clicking an eligible tile corner (one with a planted catseye or waystone on an adjacent tile).
- Once planted, the protected tiles and links can be viewed by right clicking on the object and selecting it in the menu.
- It is advised to use this to ensure the correct tiles will be protected when joining highway junctions.
- Deeds that have a waystone on deed may be found via the “find route” option on a waystone that is connected to the same highway.
- If opted in, they may be found in the drop down menu, if they have not opted in they may still be found by inputting the exact deed name
- Village settings will be used for several purposes
- Allowing highways to be built or connected on deed or within 3 tiles of the deed (in village perimeter).
- KoS may not be used if the village is set to allow highways being built through the deed or within 3 tiles of the perimeter.
- Allowing highways to be found via the drop down menu on any waystone connected to the same highway
- Note, even if this is disabled, the village may be found by typing the exact name into the text box.
For more technical information a thread for the discussion and questions about the system is available here:
Questions asked in that thread may appear in a condensed Q&A form later.
Existing highway rules will remain in effect until notice of their removal and reliance on highway mechanics is given.
- Bugfix: Fixed the double text for build wooden plank floors.
- Bugfix: Fix for menu option to remove reinforcement when trying to mine a ceiling above a reinforced floor.
- Bugfix: Fix for planted items sometimes falling into a pile of decorations.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue where mining out a vein at a cave entrance could cause undesirable results.
- Bugfix: Reworded mouseover text for village permission Mine Floor to indicate it also includes mining ceilings.
- Bugfix: Fixed a number of ceiling mining issues related to reinforced flooring.
- Bugfix: You can no longer bank locked items.
- Bugfix: You can once again rename tents.
- Bugfix: You should no longer be able to see through hedges and stone fencing.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue with pushing items into doorways from all directions when there was a bridge overhead.
Client changes (4.01)
- General performance improvements.
- The general lighting brightness in daytime, night time and underground has been increased.
- Meat material name will show as a prefix if ‘show material name’ is disabled in settings.(this will appear on both 4.0 and stable)
- You can now customize your hover outline colors via the game settings.
- Customisation options will be available for neutral objects (tiles, neutral creatures, objects), hostiles, friends, and allies.
- Transparency can also be adjusted to fade the border.
- Standard colours will stay the same.
- Fixed an issue with painted items and transparency.
- Bugfix: Fixed select bar mining issues.
- Bugfix: Fix for bloated keybindings.txt file.