The Altar of Three text
Your faith and soul are strong enough to become a Champion of <god>.
The decision to do this is extremely dangerous. You will immediately get a boost of power, granted by <god>. You will get some temporary bonuses to your characteristics (5 points each) and certain other skills. You will be able to withstand a lot more physical damage. Champions are expected to face dangers and assault the enemy. This means that unless they enter enemy territory now and then they will lose certain powers.
Your faith and favor will be set to max, and you may not lose or change deity. But first and foremost, your name will live in the history of Wurm forever!
- You start out with 15 champion points.
- 1 point is removed every day.
- You can have max 30 points.
- You gain 3 points for draining an enemy deed with 5+ guards.
- You gain 5 points for being involved in a kill on an enemy champion.
- You lose 10 points if you die for whatever reason.
- You gain 1 point when you are involved in a kill on an enemy with 50+ fight skill. You may gain a point like this 1 time per day from the same player, 10 times total from any one player.
Losing champion status
- When you lose champion status 1 point is removed from each characteristics skill in addition to the 5 you gained when you became champion.
- Your channeling is reset to what it was before.
- Faith is set to 50.
- You can't become a champion again for the next real life 6 months.
Becoming a champion
- To become a champion, you will need to be a priest with 50+ faith.
- If you are a follower of Fo or Vynora, you will need to have 25 soul depth.
- If you are a follower of Magranon or Libila, you will need to have 25 soul strength.
- Followers of the White Light gods have to visit the Altar of Three to trigger championhood.
- Followers of Libila have to visit the Bone Altar to trigger champion hood.
- Once you trigger championhood, a server wide event message is spread informing everybody on the server that you are now a champion.
e.g <Player name> is now a Champion of <God name>!
- Maximum 3 Magranon champions for Mol Rehan, 3 Vynora or Fo champions for Jenn Kellon, and 6 Libila champions for Horde of the Summoned.
- +5 to all characteristics skills.
- Faith set to 99.99 (you can continue to pray & gain faith, but only at about 0.000010).
- 50 is added to all of the skills Praying, Channeling and exorcism, up to a maximum of 80.
- You receive a 60% damage reduction bonus which stacks with armour, so you will take lower damage wounds from hits compared to a normal player.
- Shorter time for normal healing.
- Increased skill gain (factor isn't known).
- You will get a new title: Champion of <your god>(this title can not be turned off, but it does not effect other titles. So you can be a 'Blacksmith Champion of Fo' for example).
- You can't lose your deity.
- On death, you will not lose any battle rank.