- Added an anchor option to skill tracker for anchoring bottom left or top left of the locked window when adding or removing skills.
- Significantly reduced memory usage in situations where other players were in local. (This will include a rather large download of the graphics pack, but reduces the overall size and memory usage of the pack.)
- Fixed not matching head and body colours.
- Other general optimizations.
- Wires can now be put into bulk bins.
- Added explanatory note to Manage Roles for “May Place NPCs” to indicate that the wagoner portion is citizen only.
- Lurker in the woods cast pendulums will now show the name of the champion creature located instead of “presence”.
- Lurker in the woods and Lurker in the deep cast pendulums will now scale according to server size:
- 2048 tile servers will be power / 100 x 64 = tile radius.
- 4096 servers will be power / 100 x 128 = tile radius.
- 8192 servers will be power / 100 x 256 = tile radius.
Mission changes and fixes
- If Freedom missions are not 33% complete after half the duration they will be set to expire in 12 hours after the check.
- Lurker in the Dark cast pendulums will now also find mission traitors.
- Bugfix: Deep sea creatures spawned for missions should no longer spawn in shallow waters.
- Bugfix: Trees for missions should properly spawn in the perimeters of deeds instead of on deed or very far away.
- Bugfix: Traitor name and glow indicator should not disappear with server restarts if the mission is still active.
- Bugfix: Fixed the issue with adding or removing the new brand group permission showed in history as Unknown. It should now correctly indicate the name ‘Brand Group’.
- Bugfix: Fixed the ‘That item is already busy’ error when dragging bulk containers after having emptied them.
- Bugfix: Combined archaeology armor pieces should now have a material type.
During today’s update we performed a fix across player skills to correct those reduced from Epic skills. Unfortunately, during this fix another issue was caused, which led to large multipliers on skills. Due to this, we have made the decision to roll back skills to the time of the update, meaning a short window of skill gain since the update will be lost.
While we will not be providing any compensation this update, we will be providing +5 hours sleep bonus during a later update. (The cap will still be 10 hours, so as long as you are under 5 hours you will gain the full amount.)
We apologise for the downtime, and appreciate your patience while we address these issues.
The Wurm team
Epic to Freedom skill transfer fixes
Characters which had higher unmodified epic skills but lower after modification should now have their correct freedom values.
- Unfinished epic structures will no longer generate ritual missions .
- Text fixes with mission descriptions.
- Fixed water creatures spawning on land for missions.
- Difficulty ranges for missions have been adjusted.
- Rewards for missions have been adjusted upwards.
- Changed inhabited and abandoned deed time frames on investigations into show ingame times.
- Tool enchants will now work correctly with investigate and identify.
- Corrected weights of large and small amphorae when completed from fragments.
- All fragments will now form a pile.
- Damaged fragments can no longer be repaired .
- Decay rate of fragments has been reduced.
- Removed double Identify option in inventory.
- Bugfix: New members joining a PMK from the portal should properly show on the member list.
- Bugfix: Fixed a text issue when prospecting a rock salt wall.
- Bugfix: Mark of the traitor should not show in examine message for creatures not involved in a traitor mission.
- Bugfix: Bulk move actions now keep track of number of items to move when queued.
Wurm Unlimited has teamed up with Humble Bundle for the Humble Endless RPG Lands bundle! This bundle claims an impressive 300+ hours worth of playtime across all games, with almost half of that coming from Wurm Unlimited.
If you’re not familiar with Humble Bundle, they’re an online store with collections of games (bundles) sold at a price set by buyers and with a portion of the price going towards charity. Beating the average payment also gets you extra games.
So check if you’ve been thinking about getting a copy or two for friends, check it out and help out a charity too!
Todays update to the game encountered a few errors with connecting to servers. After a preliminary look into the issue we’ve made the decision to temporarily revert the update to avoid long downtime. We’ll continue to work on the issue and announce when the update is available.
While disappointing, the reason we’ve made this decision is to minimise downtime of the game and time lost while we work on the issue. We have managed to reproduce it on our test servers and will be able to work on the fix without impacting play but currently have no ETA.
We do apologise for the inconvenience and we know everyone was eager to get building and storing. Hopefully we will have the issue resolved and the update back in action soon.
If you are having issues connecting after the revert please read this thread:
The Wurm team.
New fences and parapets are now available
- The following fence types can now be built in Slate, Sandstone, Marble, Pottery brick, Rounded stone, and rendered.
- Tall Stone Wall
- High Iron Fence
- High Iron Fence Gate
- Stone Parapet
- Chain Fence
- Crate rack for storing large and small crates.
- The crate rack can hold 30 large crates or 51 small crates’
Creature movement changes
- Creatures will now avoid water and fences sooner (Enabled on Celebration only at this time).
New highway system
- The new highway system has been enabled on PvE servers.
- Paved highways of 2 or 3 tiles can be protected by the use of catseyes and waystones
- Protected paved tiles cannot be destroyed, but can be terraformed with a limit of 20 slope (28 diagonally).
Catseyes and waystones
- Blind catseyes are created with rock shards and a stone chisel, and then turned into catseyes with the addition of an eye.
- Waystones are made with a chisel on a rock shard, and completed with a compass and a shaft.
- Paved tiles that are two or three tiles wide can be protected by placing catseyes or waystones on adjacent tile corners.
- A catseye may only connect to 2 catseyes or waystones and must be connected to one to allow planting.
- Waystones will create junctions for multiple highway routes to connect and will require being connected to at least one catseye to allow planting off deed. Note: On deed a waystone may be planted without any connections.
- Possible protected tiles and links can be viewed before planting a catseye or waystone by activating the item and right clicking an eligible tile corner (one with a planted catseye or waystone on an adjacent tile).
- Once planted, the protected tiles and links can be viewed by right clicking on the object and selecting it in the menu.
- It is advised to use this to ensure the correct tiles will be protected when joining highway junctions.
- Deeds that have a waystone on deed may be found via the “find route” option on a waystone that is connected to the same highway.
- If opted in, they may be found in the drop down menu, if they have not opted in they may still be found by inputting the exact deed name
- Village settings will be used for several purposes
- Allowing highways to be built or connected on deed or within 3 tiles of the deed (in village perimeter).
- KoS may not be used if the village is set to allow highways being built through the deed or within 3 tiles of the perimeter.
- Allowing highways to be found via the drop down menu on any waystone connected to the same highway
- Note, even if this is disabled, the village may be found by typing the exact name into the text box.
For more technical information a thread for the discussion and questions about the system is available here:
Questions asked in that thread may appear in a condensed Q&A form later.
Existing highway rules will remain in effect until notice of their removal and reliance on highway mechanics is given.
- Bugfix: Fixed the double text for build wooden plank floors.
- Bugfix: Fix for menu option to remove reinforcement when trying to mine a ceiling above a reinforced floor.
- Bugfix: Fix for planted items sometimes falling into a pile of decorations.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue where mining out a vein at a cave entrance could cause undesirable results.
- Bugfix: Reworded mouseover text for village permission Mine Floor to indicate it also includes mining ceilings.
- Bugfix: Fixed a number of ceiling mining issues related to reinforced flooring.
- Bugfix: You can no longer bank locked items.
- Bugfix: You can once again rename tents.
- Bugfix: You should no longer be able to see through hedges and stone fencing.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue with pushing items into doorways from all directions when there was a bridge overhead.
Client changes (4.01)
- General performance improvements.
- The general lighting brightness in daytime, night time and underground has been increased.
- Meat material name will show as a prefix if ‘show material name’ is disabled in settings.(this will appear on both 4.0 and stable)
- You can now customize your hover outline colors via the game settings.
- Customisation options will be available for neutral objects (tiles, neutral creatures, objects), hostiles, friends, and allies.
- Transparency can also be adjusted to fade the border.
- Standard colours will stay the same.
- Fixed an issue with painted items and transparency.
- Bugfix: Fixed select bar mining issues.
- Bugfix: Fix for bloated keybindings.txt file.
Since 1.3 Mailing liquids has been charged at 1c no matter the volume, while this has been going on since then, it’s come to the attention of the dev team and after ongoing discussion and community feedback, we’ll be addressing a few things:
Firstly, liquids will now be charged 1c per 5 kgs, regardless of unit size, a small barrel of any liquid will now cost 10c (1c container 45 / 5 = 9c)
Secondly, this will now apply to all items that can be combined and mailed.
We’re providing warning for this as we know many have enjoyed the discounted mailing, and hopefully this change improves trade of smaller combined items without damaging bulk trade.
-The Wurm team.
Changes and additions:
- Sealing Changes:
- Sealable containers can now be sealed while on the ground, not just in inventory.
- Pegs can now be used to seal small barrels.
- Wine barrels and small barrels can be sealed with pegs while they are on racks.
- Using taste on your sealed wine barrels will now give a more detailed indication of how your aging is progressing (via quality).
- When you break the seal on a container that has been sealed with a wax sealing kit, the kit will be returned to you at a lower quality for reuse until the quality is so low that it is destroyed in the unsealing process.
- When you read a recipe and add it to your cookbook, there is now a confirmation message in your events window.
- The minimum damage to shields from blocking an attack has been lowered from 0.1 damage to 0.01.
- Adjusted the chance of getting wax upwards slightly if the area produces enough nectar.
- Added the ability to secure plantable items while on the ground.
- A taste option has been added to food and drink for basic information as well as insight into the temporary affinity.
- Domestic bee hives will no longer show bee activity as an on screen popup. Activity will still show in the event window until a better method can be implemented.
- Removed mail limit count down from mailbox GUI.
- The Shield of the Gone DR bonus has been changed to start taking effect at level 7, with 20% of the total 30% DR, scaling up per level:
- 6% DR at level 7
- 12% DR at level 8
- 18% DR at level 9
- 24% DR at level 10
- 30% Dr at level 11
- The ability to secure items on the ground has been added
- Securing allows those with appropriate permissions to give the item planted status
- this has been extended to the following items:
- Square table
- Round table
- Dining table
- Statue of nymph
- Statue of demon
- Statue of dog
- Statue of troll
- Statue of boy
- Statue of girl
- Archery target
- Polearms rack
- Weapons rack
- Bow rack
- Armour stand
- Statue of horse
- In addition to this, the following items now can be bashed off deed to remove planted status over 70 damage:
- Large Anvil
- marble brazier pillar
- lounge chair
- royal lounge chaise
- blue planter
- yellow planter
- greenish-yellow planter
- orange-red planter
- purple planter
- white planter
- white-dotted planter
- sword display
- axe display
- The following can now be destroyed by the owner:
- bee hive
- bow rack
- armour stand
- Bugfix: Possible fix for mined out and then collapsed rock salt tiles being set back to rock salt after a server restart.
- Bugfix: Non-premium players should now get temporary affinities from food.
- Bugfix: Fixed a bug which caused the crafting window to consume containers used in cooking recipes.
- Bugfix: Fix for prospecting ceilings above a reinforced floor and getting the floor message as a result.
- Bugfix: Fix for chocolate coated hazelnuts recipe result.
- Bugfix: Fix for all foods/produce resulting in 99% nutrition. Food will now give appropriate nutrition based off ql and nutritional value.
- Bugfix: Can no longer smelt glimmersteel ore.
- Bugfix: An examine on a still will now correctly show if it is planted and by whom.
- Bugfix: Adjusted hot food cooking skill gain based on difficulty and number of ingredients.
- Bugfix: Wild growth will now correctly affect the new crops. Increased the bonus on field yield from Wild Growth based upon the power of the cast.
- Bugfix: Sealed wine barrels will properly age and ferment while inside wine barrel racks.
- Bugfix: Right click plant now works correctly with an empty beehive in inventory.
- Bugfix: Rare results from using a fruit press have been removed because of numerous issues with rare oils and juices.
- Bugfix: Possible fix for missions not appearing for some gods at times.
- Bugfix: Possible fix for bees leaving the domestic hive during transport.
- Bugfix: Possible fix for Gold Rune of Fo and farming yield.
- Bugfix: Harvest option now appears on right click menu for new crops with nothing activated.
- Bugfix: Fixed parsing error when trying to set a price on a written recipe.
- Bugfix: Fixed creation bonuses on runes for your god at lower levels.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue which allowed you to pick and/or plant herbs on deed without proper permissions.
- Bugfix: Fix for some liquids not combining with same type (ex. milk, cream).
- This will not fix current liquids that do not combine, but moving parts of the existing liquid to new containers (not moving it all) will allow it to be combined, the old remaining liquid will not be able to be combined. This can be done with a measuring jug until 1g of old liquid remains in the container (as it is the smallest possible amount).
- Bugfix: Fix for recent tunneling action which resulted in open voids and death leaps.
- Bugfix: Corrected a few more spelling and text errors.
Today Xanadu encountered a technical fault that cased it to crash. While we are fairly certain no items or skills were lost, player and creature positions may have rolled back slightly. We apologise for the inconvenience, and will announce any possible compensation when we can ensure that no further losses have occurred.