Wurm Unlimited has teamed up with Humble Bundle for the Humble Endless RPG Lands bundle! This bundle claims an impressive 300+ hours worth of playtime across all games, with almost half of that coming from Wurm Unlimited.
If you’re not familiar with Humble Bundle, they’re an online store with collections of games (bundles) sold at a price set by buyers and with a portion of the price going towards charity. Beating the average payment also gets you extra games.
So check if you’ve been thinking about getting a copy or two for friends, check it out and help out a charity too!
Todays update to the game encountered a few errors with connecting to servers. After a preliminary look into the issue we’ve made the decision to temporarily revert the update to avoid long downtime. We’ll continue to work on the issue and announce when the update is available.
While disappointing, the reason we’ve made this decision is to minimise downtime of the game and time lost while we work on the issue. We have managed to reproduce it on our test servers and will be able to work on the fix without impacting play but currently have no ETA.
We do apologise for the inconvenience and we know everyone was eager to get building and storing. Hopefully we will have the issue resolved and the update back in action soon.
If you are having issues connecting after the revert please read this thread:
The Wurm team.
New fences and parapets are now available
- The following fence types can now be built in Slate, Sandstone, Marble, Pottery brick, Rounded stone, and rendered.
- Tall Stone Wall
- High Iron Fence
- High Iron Fence Gate
- Stone Parapet
- Chain Fence
- Crate rack for storing large and small crates.
- The crate rack can hold 30 large crates or 51 small crates’
Creature movement changes
- Creatures will now avoid water and fences sooner (Enabled on Celebration only at this time).
New highway system
- The new highway system has been enabled on PvE servers.
- Paved highways of 2 or 3 tiles can be protected by the use of catseyes and waystones
- Protected paved tiles cannot be destroyed, but can be terraformed with a limit of 20 slope (28 diagonally).
Catseyes and waystones
- Blind catseyes are created with rock shards and a stone chisel, and then turned into catseyes with the addition of an eye.
- Waystones are made with a chisel on a rock shard, and completed with a compass and a shaft.
- Paved tiles that are two or three tiles wide can be protected by placing catseyes or waystones on adjacent tile corners.
- A catseye may only connect to 2 catseyes or waystones and must be connected to one to allow planting.
- Waystones will create junctions for multiple highway routes to connect and will require being connected to at least one catseye to allow planting off deed. Note: On deed a waystone may be planted without any connections.
- Possible protected tiles and links can be viewed before planting a catseye or waystone by activating the item and right clicking an eligible tile corner (one with a planted catseye or waystone on an adjacent tile).
- Once planted, the protected tiles and links can be viewed by right clicking on the object and selecting it in the menu.
- It is advised to use this to ensure the correct tiles will be protected when joining highway junctions.
- Deeds that have a waystone on deed may be found via the “find route” option on a waystone that is connected to the same highway.
- If opted in, they may be found in the drop down menu, if they have not opted in they may still be found by inputting the exact deed name
- Village settings will be used for several purposes
- Allowing highways to be built or connected on deed or within 3 tiles of the deed (in village perimeter).
- KoS may not be used if the village is set to allow highways being built through the deed or within 3 tiles of the perimeter.
- Allowing highways to be found via the drop down menu on any waystone connected to the same highway
- Note, even if this is disabled, the village may be found by typing the exact name into the text box.
For more technical information a thread for the discussion and questions about the system is available here:
Questions asked in that thread may appear in a condensed Q&A form later.
Existing highway rules will remain in effect until notice of their removal and reliance on highway mechanics is given.
- Bugfix: Fixed the double text for build wooden plank floors.
- Bugfix: Fix for menu option to remove reinforcement when trying to mine a ceiling above a reinforced floor.
- Bugfix: Fix for planted items sometimes falling into a pile of decorations.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue where mining out a vein at a cave entrance could cause undesirable results.
- Bugfix: Reworded mouseover text for village permission Mine Floor to indicate it also includes mining ceilings.
- Bugfix: Fixed a number of ceiling mining issues related to reinforced flooring.
- Bugfix: You can no longer bank locked items.
- Bugfix: You can once again rename tents.
- Bugfix: You should no longer be able to see through hedges and stone fencing.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue with pushing items into doorways from all directions when there was a bridge overhead.
Client changes (4.01)
- General performance improvements.
- The general lighting brightness in daytime, night time and underground has been increased.
- Meat material name will show as a prefix if ‘show material name’ is disabled in settings.(this will appear on both 4.0 and stable)
- You can now customize your hover outline colors via the game settings.
- Customisation options will be available for neutral objects (tiles, neutral creatures, objects), hostiles, friends, and allies.
- Transparency can also be adjusted to fade the border.
- Standard colours will stay the same.
- Fixed an issue with painted items and transparency.
- Bugfix: Fixed select bar mining issues.
- Bugfix: Fix for bloated keybindings.txt file.
Since 1.3 Mailing liquids has been charged at 1c no matter the volume, while this has been going on since then, it’s come to the attention of the dev team and after ongoing discussion and community feedback, we’ll be addressing a few things:
Firstly, liquids will now be charged 1c per 5 kgs, regardless of unit size, a small barrel of any liquid will now cost 10c (1c container 45 / 5 = 9c)
Secondly, this will now apply to all items that can be combined and mailed.
We’re providing warning for this as we know many have enjoyed the discounted mailing, and hopefully this change improves trade of smaller combined items without damaging bulk trade.
-The Wurm team.
Today Xanadu encountered a technical fault that cased it to crash. While we are fairly certain no items or skills were lost, player and creature positions may have rolled back slightly. We apologise for the inconvenience, and will announce any possible compensation when we can ensure that no further losses have occurred.
There is currently an issue which can cause effects such as stun, etc to not wear off. We are aware of the issue and are in the process of implementing a hotfix.
Until this hotfix please refrain from entering combat on both PvP and PvE servers.
A full PvP ban is also in place until this issue is confirmed resolved.
A public list of what directives are in effect can be found here.
PvP ban resolved