Epic to Freedom Skill Transfers
A one time transfer for all Epic accounts skills as of the 2nd of November to Freedom will be performed during this update.
We will be applying a calculation to remove the 2x skillgain and reduce Epic skills to an estimated Freedom equivilent. Freedom skills will then have their highest value set to equal to the original Epic skill and give a 3x multiplier until that is reached on Freedom.
NOTE: THIS ONLY APPLIES IF YOUR PRE-ADJUSTED EPIC SKILL IS HIGHER THAN YOUR FREEDOM SKILL. IF YOUR FREEDOM SKILL IS HIGHER THAN YOUR PRE-ADJUSTED EPIC SKILL IT WILL NOT CROSS.
- Characteristics and Meditation skills will cross at a 1:1 ratio.
- Faith, Favour, and Alignment will not cross at all.
For more information on the process behind the transfers, please read:
Additionally, all premium accounts affected by this transfer will have their premium extended by 10 days to account for the delay in processing this transfer.
- Added “May plant” permission to village roles.
- Placing a wagoner container now requires May plant” permission.
- Placing a wagoner will now require “May place merchants” permission.
- Bugfix: Various text fixes.
- Bugfix: Rounded stone bridge icons now have correct images.
- Bugfix: The chocolate milk recipe should no longer be shown as a sub recipe when cow milk is required.
- Bugfix: Building over planted items underground should give you the take option as it does above ground.
- Bugfix: Action bar will now correctly identify what you are gathering (kelp, reed or grass) based on the tile type.
- Bugfix: Fixed error message when viewing history of branded animals via right click permissions.
- Bugfix: Pulp and paper now indicate the correct woodtype.
- Fixed rain occlusion related crash on some Linux GPU drivers.
- Rain occlusion is now linked to Detailed Weather option in settings.
- Addressed an issue where mine doors occassionally appeared flat.
- General performance improvements.
- Addressed memory issues with other players in local.
We will be performing a weekend update to facilitate the skill transfers from Epic to Freedom. The update will occur at approximately 2 pm Server time (UTC+1) and should not last longer than the usual downtime.
We will also be taking the opportunity to address a potential crashing issue on Elevation, as well as a client update to address a few performance issues.
For more information on the transfer and how it will work, please read the post detailing what will be happening here:
The Wurm team.
This update marks a major client change, which unfortunately means the legacy client will no longer connect. We will continue to work with reported issues with the stable client to ensure the smoothest gameplay possible. If you are encountering issues with the stable client please use the low memory client.
- New: Added Wagoner for bulk deliveries.
- The wagoner will use the highway system to deliver bulk goods across a server.
- Players may either hire a public wagoner, or purchase a wagoner contract for 15 silver from a trader
- For more information, check the wurmpedia entry for Wagoners: https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Wagoner
- New: Archaeology and Restoration
- Players can now investigate tiles with a trowel to find fragments of items
- Investigating on old disbanded settlements has a chance to yield unique items
- Unidentified fragments will need to be identified with the use of a chisel or metal brush
- Each identify action will reduce the weight of the fragment.
- Once the fragment weight is equal to the weight of the fragmented item, the fragment will become a fragment of the item.
- Using the correct tool to identify will increase the amount of weight lost each action
- Fragments can then be combined with fragments of the same item until the complete item is made.
- New keybinds: INVESTIGATE, IDENTIFY and COMBINE_FRAGMENTS
- Premium payment option changes
- First time premium for new players has been reduced to 2 silvers.
- Note: This no longer includes the referral and 2 silver cash back and a later purchase through the shop will not include a referral or 2 silver cash back.
- Premium purchases via the shop for first time premium has not changed and will still give the referral and ingame silver cashback
- Added a 15 day premium purchase option for 5 silver.
- New: You can now re-pave a highway tile without having to destroy catseyes and waystones and disrupting the valid highway.
- NOTE over 20 body strength will be necessary for this
- Permissions are required to do this on deed and in perimeters.
- You can also pave bridge parts when they are part of a highway, also can be repaved once paved.
- New: In addition to renaming the shelves in the Bulk Storage container unit, you can now also rename the shelves of the larder and the large storage unit.
- New: Mine door graphics have been improved and mine door animation has been added.
- Placing a mine door will now level the upper border of the mine entrance to the lowest side.
- If the border is shared with a fence or house it will remain uneven.
- The top border will need to be flat in order to have opening animation
- If top border is uneven the new textures will show, but opening animation will not.
- Mine doors can now be removed with the use of a crowbar.
- To remove a mine door you must be the owner, or have the manage item permission.
- New: Bulk-to-bulk transfers
- Amount transferred is depending on your strength in relation to the weight of the item type you’re transferring. If you can carry 20, you’ll move 20 at a time. If you can carry (the weight of) 2000, you’ll transfer 2000 at a time.
- Take note that the carry weight respects how much you’re currently carrying in your inventory.
- The action ‘ticks’ once every second, so it’s not a long wait.
- Multiple actions of transferring can be queued.
- The action is triggered by dragging a bulk item from one bulk container to another, you will have the regular bulk item transfer options (default numbers up to 50), MAX, or entering a number in the text field at the top. If you have 500 iron lumps, but only want to transfer 430, enter the number in the text field.
- Face shots will now take head armour as the armour value.
- Added iron plate armour
- Base damage reduction rate of 63% on Freedom and 65% on Epic.
- Meditation path level up cooldowns have been lowered and the cap has been reduced from 24 days to 18 days
- Level 1: 12h
- Level 2: 1 day
- Level 3: 2 days
- Level 4: 4.5 days
- Level 5: 8 days
- Level 6: 12.5 days
- Level 7+: 18 days
- If your Meditation skill is higher than current level x 15 the cooldown timer will be halved (e.g. If you have higher than 45 Meditation, the time between level 3 and 4 will be 2.25 days instead of 4.5 days.)
- New: Creature movement overhaul has now been introduced to all servers.
- Bugfix: Dug up artifacts will have the correct number of charges (30) as recharged artifacts.
- WARNING:This affects all artifacts not in ground, dug up artifacts before this patch will need recharging before the older 4 month time and the charges on the artifact will be reduced to 30 if they have more than 30 charges remaining when they are picked up.
- Bugfix: Can now eat from nested containers with the proper permissions on the locked container.
- Bugfix: Fixed issue preventing planting catseyes (and waystones) under bridge entrances.
- Bugfix: Removed creator tag on a few bulk food items that should not have had tags at all.
- Bugfix: Inventory groups will no longer be able to destroy floors or take damage from that action.
- Bugfix: Timers for flattening and leveling tile borders have been corrected.
- Bugfix: Mining timers should now scale properly starting at 25s at level 1.
- Bugfix: Dye text will once again be the same tint as the dye color.
Epic Only Changes:
- Players using an Epic Portal from Freedom servers will now transfer across to Epic with their skills.
- If a player has already been on Epic, only the skills from Freedom that are higher at the time of the transfer will carry across. Skills that are higher on Epic will be unchanged.
- Higher skills from Freedom will only overwrite the Epic skill if the Epic skill does not currently have the 3x regain rate (i.e. skill has not been recently lost).
- Changes to base damage reduction rates for armours:
- Leather from 45% to 60%
- Studded from 50% to 62.5%
- Chain from 55% to 62.5%
- Cloth from 35% to 40%
- Drake, Scale and Plate no changes (65%, 70%, 65% respectively)
- Changes to metal type damage reduction bonuses for armours:
- Glimmersteel and Seryll from 10% to 5%
- Steel from 2% to 2.5%
- Changes to movement speed modifiers from wearing armour:
- Plate armour should be slightly faster when worn now.
- Lowered the movement speed reduction from all helms.
- Glimmersteel and Seryll armours now have a 10% movement speed bonus.
- Adamantine armours now have a 5% movement speed bonus.
- Changes to damage type damage reduction modifiers on armours (lower % means less effective against that damage type, 100% = no modifier):
- Leather: 90% vs bite, pierce and acid; 110% vs slash and burn damage; 100% vs others.
- Studded: 90% vs slash and acid; 105% vs bite; 110% vs pierce and cold; 100% vs others.
- Chain: 92.5% vs pierce and cold; 107.5% vs bite, crush and burn; 100% vs others
- Plate: 95% vs crush and burn; 105% vs bite, slash and acid; 100% vs others.
- Cloth: 80% vs bite, slash and burn; 120% vs crush and cold; 100% vs others.
- Drake: 95% vs slash and acid; 105% vs crush and cold; 100% vs others.
- Scale: 95% vs crush and cold; 105% vs pierce and burn; 100% vs others.
- Changes to how Bloodthirst scales damage at higher powers:
- Bloodthirst damage bonus has now been reduced to 33% of weapon damage at 10,000 power
- Bloodthirst power gain no longer slows down after 5,000 against creatures.
- Locate Soul range has been reduced to 200 tiles. Beyond that range you will receive the message “No such soul found”.
- Upkeep costs for Spirit guards on Epic servers will now scale according to how many you have, starting at 1 silver per month for the first guard, and increasing by 50 coppers more than the previous guard
- 1 guard 1 silver upkeep
- 2 guards 2.5 silver upkeep (1st guard 1 silver, 2nd guard 1.5 silver)
- 3 guards 4.5 silver upkeep (1st guard 1 silver, 2nd guard 1.5 silver, 3rd guard 2 silver)
- Oakshell changes:
- Oakshell now properly slows a mount based on power of cast
- A cast of under 70 power will give the creature a rare glow, a cast of over 70 will show a supreme glow.
- Players in mines will only have a 20 tile (radius) local visibility both below and above ground, so no more hiding in mines to spy on a 80 tile above ground local.
- Travelling through an epic portal will generate sleep bonus on the server you left at the same rate of sleeping in a bed
- Kingdom influence on Epic servers will now update dynamically when towers are captured or destroyed without needing a restart.
- Scale and drake armour will no longer drop upon leaving the world.
- New skillgain system on Epic Servers
- Actions will now be 2x faster than actions on freedom
- Skillgain has also been doubled.
- Skillgain will occur upon completing actions successfully
- Creation actions will give less skill per action
- Skillgain will have a bonus if the action difficulty is close to players skill.
- Once a player has ascended to demigod status, they still control a random hex, allied to the god that favours their kingdom and hostile to others. Being defeated in combat will remove them from the board.
- If their god wins and can promote an ally, the player god will ascend to godhood and become a full god.
- The player god is then removed from the Valrei board, but still is allowed followers, priests and a spellbook, they will no longer move on the valrei map or give missions.
- Deity statistics have been changed from Vitality and Strength to:
- Body Strength, Body Stamina, Body Control, Mind Logic, Mind Speed, Soul Depth, and Soul Strength
- When gods meet on the same tile they will move into a smaller hex map for the fight. Fights can be viewed and replayed from the valrei map
- When fighting, gods may perform different actions, and favour those more suited to their stats
- Ranged attack – Body stamina, Body control
- Spell regeneration – Mind logic, Mind speed
- Melee attack – Body strength, Body control
- Defence (passive) – Body strength, Body stamina
- Deity spellcasting – Soul strength, Soul depth
- Sorcery spellcasting – Mind Logic, Soul depth
- Spell defence (passive) – Mind speed, Soul strength
- Missions will now generate on a difficulty scale, with higher difficulty missions providing more scenario points, sleep bonus, and karma.
- Current mission difficulty, available sleep bonus and karma can be viewed in the mission details window
- For each successful mission completed, the difficulty will go up by 1 for the subsequent mission.
- Failing or not completing a mission will lower the difficulty of the next mission by 2.
- If a member of another kingdom sabotages a mission that is possible to sabotage (e.g. cutting down a tree), the mission will be failed and lower the difficulty of the next mission by 2.
- Mission types are separated by difficulty, with home servers getting easier missions, and enemy servers getting harder missions.
- Sleep bonus is now divided amongst participants similar to how karma is
- Successfully completed missions will also provide boosts to deity stats. If a deity wins the scenario they will keep the boosted stats into the next scenario.
- New mission types
- Destroy guard tower in enemy territory
- Sacrifice creatures
- This will require lowering the creatures health and then using a sacrificial knife on the creature in the corresponding gods domain,
- Kill tower guards
- Changed mission types
- Missions involving creatures to be killed or sacrificed will now spawn those creatures specifically for the mission..
- Traitor mission creatures will be marked with a special effect and will also have oakshell.
- Trees marked for a mission will now have a special effect.
- Rewards from completing scenarios will now be split across three tiers
- Tier 1 (1 winner): top 20% of contributors – random single use tome.
- Tier 2 (3 winners): Top 50% of contributors – 3 random tome fragments
- Tier 3 (5 winners): entire pool of contributors – Seryll lump or random tome fragment
- If a player has already won a reward, they cannot win again in that scenario reward pool.
- Tier 1 winners that are also in the top 5% of contributors will have a small chance to win a huge egg or key to the heavens instead of the single use tome.
- Deity rewards upon a scenario win have been changed slightly to take into account the new skills used in fights, and more balanced rewards.
As you all know, we’ll be performing a one time skill transfer for players from Epic to Freedom. Initially we hoped this could be done at the time of the update, but due to the sheer amount of information to go through (this applies to all accounts on epic) and the need to ensure that the skills copy correctly we unfortunately have decided to delay the transfer for a few days.
The update, along with Freedom skills crossing to Epic and the new skilling system will still go live today as planned.
During the update we will take a snapshot of all skills on epic, and this will be what is used for the transfer, so no skills gained on the new skilling system will cross over.
We apologise for the delay, and will continue to work on getting this transfer out as soon as possible.
-The Wurm team.