Additions and changes
- A new rack can be crafted for the storage of empty Bulk Storage Bins.
- This rack can hold 30 empty bulk storage bins.
- You now have the ability to build high fences in arched walls.
- A new storage unit can be crafted which contains 4 bulk storage bins inside which can be filled.
- These units will require 50 fine carpentry to build.
- Planting catseyes off deed becomes faster as your paving skill increases.
- Blessed lamps on highways will no longer decay.
- We have disabled giving out the Key to the Heavens until the full Epic/Valrei update is complete.
- Enchant decay on tools when using them has been changed to a more linear system.
- Previously, every five seconds of an action had a chance to reduce the enchant by 1.
- With the new system the chance will only occur once per action, and be based on the length of the timer.
- Bugfix: Fix for error being thrown when attempting to level a ceiling if the floor below it was not level.
- Bugfix: Crates in a crate rack on deed with more than 30 days upkeep will not decay.
- Bugfix: Small chests can no longer be mailed if locked.
- Bugfix: Fixed some spelling and text errors.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue which caused cooking tools to not take damage when used.
- Bugfix: Warmachines should no longer function between world layers.
- Bugfix: Mask of Rebirth has been removed from the Missions items list.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue which caused cooking tools to not take damage when used.
4.0.8 Client Changes
- Dyed object colours will now correctly display with GLSL shaders disabled.
- Client resolution and fullscreen mode can now be changed again while in-game.
- Water reflections will no longer appear above the water.
- Distant trees will now have the correct texture in winter.
- Another issue causing duplicated players and objects has been addressed.
- Fixed an issue with GLSL shaders on Intel HD graphics causing invisible terrain.
- GUI skins can now be changed without needing to relaunch the client.
- Fixed an issue with duplicated images of items and players.
The 4.0.6 client is now the stable client with improved performance, lighting, and many other features.
A low memory version is also available and can be found here:
If you have issues please report them here:
NOTE: If you ran your client with a batch file with memory modifiers PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS. The new client has a different setup and running this is likely to cause crashes and other conflicts.
The unstable 4.0 client has been updated with a few fixes in preparation for the launch as the stable client on September 1st. If you encountered any issues with the unstable client prior to this update please try again and report any further issues you do encounter here:
- Outlining hovered objects will now be affected by the opacity set.
- Fix for animated models flickering in caves.
- Fix for crashing when FBO Support was disabled.
- The stars will now rotate from north to south in line with Sol.
- Fix for an uncommon crash on launch when loading color settings
- Fix for an issue finding resources for first time installing
- Reduced the darkness caused by heavy clouding.
- Fix for cave walls appearing through structures.
- Fix for a bridge-related crash.
- Fix a lighting issue causing distant walls to be too bright..
- Mine doors now display correctly from inside caves.
- Spaced health/stamina bar and text beneath.
- Significant performance and memory usage improvements
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue with a few deed permissions which surfaced with highway release. Those who reported mining and tree cutting permission issues, please try again.
- Bugfix: Fixed a few issues with prying/bashing waystones in deeds and perimeters.
- Bugfix: Fixed a bug with waystone creation and rarity.
- Bugfix: You can now plant catseyes inside a building if the house has a fence on a different floor.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue causing crashes when using the Find route function.
Client changes (4.0.3):
- 4.0 Client Bugfix: Fixed an issue with the 4.0 client not installing on machines with no client at all.
- 4.0 Client Bugfix: Make stars move in the same direction as Sol
- 4.0 Client Bugfix: Fix opacity of custom color outlines on objects
A low memory usage unstable client has been added while we continue to work on performance issues. If you run multiple clients and would like less memory used per client or experience other performance based issues with the existing unstable client please use the following link:
New fences and parapets are now available
- The following fence types can now be built in Slate, Sandstone, Marble, Pottery brick, Rounded stone, and rendered.
- Tall Stone Wall
- High Iron Fence
- High Iron Fence Gate
- Stone Parapet
- Chain Fence
- Crate rack for storing large and small crates.
- The crate rack can hold 30 large crates or 51 small crates’
Creature movement changes
- Creatures will now avoid water and fences sooner (Enabled on Celebration only at this time).
New highway system
- The new highway system has been enabled on PvE servers.
- Paved highways of 2 or 3 tiles can be protected by the use of catseyes and waystones
- Protected paved tiles cannot be destroyed, but can be terraformed with a limit of 20 slope (28 diagonally).
Catseyes and waystones
- Blind catseyes are created with rock shards and a stone chisel, and then turned into catseyes with the addition of an eye.
- Waystones are made with a chisel on a rock shard, and completed with a compass and a shaft.
- Paved tiles that are two or three tiles wide can be protected by placing catseyes or waystones on adjacent tile corners.
- A catseye may only connect to 2 catseyes or waystones and must be connected to one to allow planting.
- Waystones will create junctions for multiple highway routes to connect and will require being connected to at least one catseye to allow planting off deed. Note: On deed a waystone may be planted without any connections.
- Possible protected tiles and links can be viewed before planting a catseye or waystone by activating the item and right clicking an eligible tile corner (one with a planted catseye or waystone on an adjacent tile).
- Once planted, the protected tiles and links can be viewed by right clicking on the object and selecting it in the menu.
- It is advised to use this to ensure the correct tiles will be protected when joining highway junctions.
- Deeds that have a waystone on deed may be found via the “find route” option on a waystone that is connected to the same highway.
- If opted in, they may be found in the drop down menu, if they have not opted in they may still be found by inputting the exact deed name
- Village settings will be used for several purposes
- Allowing highways to be built or connected on deed or within 3 tiles of the deed (in village perimeter).
- KoS may not be used if the village is set to allow highways being built through the deed or within 3 tiles of the perimeter.
- Allowing highways to be found via the drop down menu on any waystone connected to the same highway
- Note, even if this is disabled, the village may be found by typing the exact name into the text box.
For more technical information a thread for the discussion and questions about the system is available here:
Questions asked in that thread may appear in a condensed Q&A form later.
Existing highway rules will remain in effect until notice of their removal and reliance on highway mechanics is given.
- Bugfix: Fixed the double text for build wooden plank floors.
- Bugfix: Fix for menu option to remove reinforcement when trying to mine a ceiling above a reinforced floor.
- Bugfix: Fix for planted items sometimes falling into a pile of decorations.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue where mining out a vein at a cave entrance could cause undesirable results.
- Bugfix: Reworded mouseover text for village permission Mine Floor to indicate it also includes mining ceilings.
- Bugfix: Fixed a number of ceiling mining issues related to reinforced flooring.
- Bugfix: You can no longer bank locked items.
- Bugfix: You can once again rename tents.
- Bugfix: You should no longer be able to see through hedges and stone fencing.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue with pushing items into doorways from all directions when there was a bridge overhead.
Client changes (4.01)
- General performance improvements.
- The general lighting brightness in daytime, night time and underground has been increased.
- Meat material name will show as a prefix if ‘show material name’ is disabled in settings.(this will appear on both 4.0 and stable)
- You can now customize your hover outline colors via the game settings.
- Customisation options will be available for neutral objects (tiles, neutral creatures, objects), hostiles, friends, and allies.
- Transparency can also be adjusted to fade the border.
- Standard colours will stay the same.
- Fixed an issue with painted items and transparency.
- Bugfix: Fixed select bar mining issues.
- Bugfix: Fix for bloated keybindings.txt file.