Ever since the beginning of Wurm we have allowed and even encouraged account, coin, and item sales because we never felt comfortable with the restrictions on that in other MMO’s. Playing those games we thought such restrictions limited us in a way that only benefited the game developers.
We think you as a player should be allowed to convert your endeavours since you spend so much time in these games trying to create or find value and goodies. Apart from our general sandboxiness this is still an area where we stand out a bit in the industry. As many of you are aware Wurm Online is actually designed around the notion that our players should create and sell the valuables in between themselves.
Up until now, most trading has taken place in various sections of our official forums. This is not ideal since forums make for pretty poor marketplaces and we never intended for it to become a marketplace.
Historically, we have suggested “sites such as Ebay” for auctions, but unfortunately their support for digital goods is nonexistant.
We are now very happy to recommend Player Auctions, which is a serious marketplace who will protect both sellers and buyers. From now on we encourage our users to conduct their third party business there.
That’s why we suggest you to go to the Wurm Online section found at http://www.playerauctions.com/
CEO Code Club AB
- There is now a chance that certain actions yield a bonus rare coin if there is money left in the pool. The SELL function at traders and tokens, slaying creatures (domestic animals such as horses have double chance), and finding stuff when Botanizing or Foraging are the current ones. This should make for better and more fun money distribution.
- Friday Update: Coins now lose rarity when they enter the banking system via for instance tokens or traders. Coin rewards were tweaked down a bit for creatures.
- Undiscovered Ore has been redistributed on Xanadu. The regions are now a lot smaller.
- Creature cap on Xanadu increased
- The message when a trader receives funds has been removed
- A bug with lavender bushes was fixed
- Money distribution to traders on Xanadu has been tweaked with (downwards) due to severe criticism. Note that due to severe deficit in the pool of money which negated the SELL option in the beginning, 40 gold coins were added during the first weeks which will now be retracted over time. These measures should help stabilize the economy quite a bit.
- Bugfix for tree growth
- Creature count on Xanadu was increased